Domino seeks a Paralegal / Business Affairs Assistant to join its Business Affairs department working across both the record label and publishing company.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing short form agreements for compilation releases, broadcasts, sync licenses, lyric licenses, contract summaries and sample licenses including negotiating within prescribed limits
- Coordinating signing and finalisation of agreements
- Updating licensing spreadsheets and arranging delivery of masters to external labels
- General contracts administration and coordination, maintaining files, know-how documents, formatting and updating templates as required
- Managing priorities and task lists
- Simple contract drafting and amendment
- Liaison with other departments and artist management in relation to clearances
- Drafting and issuing letters
- To assist on all other issues that contribute to the running of the Business Affairs department where appropriate
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience of the music industry in a business affairs/legal capacity;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proven track record in negotiating and concluding deals in challenging environment;
- A law degree or legal background;
- Excellent drafting skills, with a keen commercial mind;
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business;
- The ability to work autonomously, think strategically and creatively;
- Strong administrative, time management, organisation and planning skills.
Reporting to: Business Affairs Manager
Salary: Please state your salary requirements.
Please send a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements along with your CV to [email protected] before 6pm on Friday 10th November, 2017.