Domino seeks a Paralegal / Business Affairs Assistant to join its Business Affairs department based within its London office, working across both the record label and publishing company.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting Head of Business Affairs as required
- Preparing artwork and video agreements, synchronisation, sample and lyric licenses, extension and variation agreements
- Responsible for third party agreements including producers, mixer, and featured artist agreements (including negotiating within prescribed limits)
- Coordinating management approvals and signing of agreements
- Updating licensing spreadsheets and arranging delivery of masters to external labels
- Working with the Business Affairs team to ensure files, templates and knowledge resources are properly maintained and kept up to date
- Managing ad hoc queries and researching points of law
- Working closely with other departments and artist management in relation to clearances
- Assisting on all other issues that contribute to the running of the Business Affairs department where appropriate
- Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of the music industry in a business affairs/legal capacity;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proven track record in negotiating and concluding deals in challenging environment;
- A law degree or legal background;
- Excellent drafting skills, with a keen commercial mind;
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business;
- The ability to work autonomously, think strategically and be proactive;
- Strong administrative, Microsoft Office, Excel, organisation and planning skills.
Please send a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements along with your CV to [email protected] before 6pm on Wednesday 31st January, 2018.