Domino Recording Co. is recruiting for a confident and attentive back-end developer to work within the label. This is a full-time role based in the London office.
The successful candidate will work with the Lead Developer to maintain our existing software infrastructure, as well as driving forward their own projects to develop and build upon that infrastructure.
Interesting and unique real-world data sits at the very heart of our past, present and future. We’re looking for someone to join us with the same enthusiasm we have for embracing that data, playing with it, harnessing it, and building upwards and outwards. Your work will involve helping to build out functional and modern digital solutions for the record label, to benefit the company’s internal working practices and campaigns.
Please submit a CV and covering letter as well as some examples of your work to impress us to [email protected] by April 8th. No agencies please.
- Experienced and fluent in Ruby and PHP.
- Close familiarity with with modern MVC-style frameworks such as Rails and Laravel, taking full advantage of them to build precise, reuseable code.
- The ability to design and fine-tune relational databases. Comfortable with data manipulation, import/export and cleaning of data large and small.
- Interacting with external APIs and data sources as necessary.
- Coding skills that are accurate, precise and adaptable, backed up with a good working familiarity with Github.
- Creativity and knowledge should extend to the cutting-edge, with a drive to keep current and engaged with trends in the field.
- Confident in taking direct responsibility for projects, working with and without direct supervision across multiple teams within the business, and tracking and reporting back progress.
- Ability to work under pressure and with precision across multiple projects and maintain agreed deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and interest in record label / wider music industry operations.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, with an ability to effectively understand and act upon user requirements and feedback.
About Domino Recording Co.
Domino Recording Co. is one of the world’s leading independent record labels, based in London, with offices worldwide. We have a musical catalogue stretching back 20 years that we are immensely proud of. Artists we’ve worked with include Arctic Monkeys, Animal Collective, The Kills, Four Tet, Hot Chip, Pavement and Franz Ferdinand.