The Director of Radio & Promotions is based in the Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA office.
The position oversees the newly created US Radio & Promotions department within the US Marketing team. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and the US Label Manager.
- Oversee, develop and execute highly tailored radio campaigns across all relevant formats with the goal of building audience and developing the fan base
- Build and maintain key radio relationships
- Advise on radio single selection, radio specific mixes and edits
- Communicate with artists & managers in conjunction with project managers and A&R across all relevant radio & promotions topics
- Participate and contribute in weekly marketing meetings and in early project setup meetings
- Hire and oversee third party indie promoters and teams
- Oversee radio promotional opportunities such as sessions, interviews, meet & greets, giveaways and more
- Work with support staff and project managers to share and report key radio feedback internally and externally
- Worth with support staff to create and maintain a radio database
- Formulate and maintain radio promotion budgets in coordination with project managers
- Utilize data and analytic tools to monitor radio performance and to identify trends
- Work with the marketing team in development and execution of promotional activities in support of radio campaigns and touring activity such as radio shows, listener events, playbacks, and more
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the music industry or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to multitask
- Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships
The candidate must be passionate, driven, and a stellar ambassador for the roster of artists on the label. We are looking to hire someone who has a desire to understand the changing landscape of the music business, someone who is engaged with new trends and methods of communication, and someone who finds joy and pride in successes large and small.
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Julia Holter, The Kills, Blood Orange, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com