Domino Recording Company is seeking a Director of Publicity and Communications based in Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA office.
This senior position reports to the US Label Manager in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate has great interpersonal skills, is highly motivated and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment.
The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, strong musical knowledge, a superior handle on the existing music media, and a keen awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace. Essential to the role is a great understanding of how music publicity and all forms of media play a role in the larger record release ecosystem.
The candidate must come with (five+ years) experience working in music and/or publicity and must be familiar with the North American media landscape.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the US Publicity & Communications department, including the management of publicity team staff
- Develop and advise on high level media strategy for the label and artist roster including all forms of media (traditional, social, and more)
- Oversee select publicity campaigns for in-house projects (including TV, print, online, tour and input into radio)
- Oversee relationships with external publicists who work with Domino (managing approvals, schedules, budgets, etc). Supporting and complementing their work on artist campaigns
- Coordinate global publicity campaigns in coordination with our UK and international teams
- Work with artists, management and marketing staff in asset development, communications and creative strategies (press shots and biographies in particular)
- Actively develop and maintain high level relationships with media contacts and build Domino media lists (to be held in-house)
- Help coordinate and write press releases of all types
- Manage and oversee promo days where necessary, including occasional UK or international interviews/shoots
- General PR activity – reviewing reporting, plugging gaps, giving feedback to external teams, advising on strategy, building relationships on behalf of Domino
- Seek unique and distinctive marketing and media opportunities for the entire stable of Domino artists
- Five+ years in music-related publicity or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; personable and savvy
- Well-versed in media analytics
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office / Google Drive
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of label and current artists
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Cat Power, Julia Holter, The Kills, Blood Orange, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Domino is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.