Domino Recording Co. is seeking a friendly, outgoing and self-motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills as A&R Assistant.
The Assistant will report to the Director of A&R for Domino Records & Domino Publishing North America and will be located in its Brooklyn, NY office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for general administrative tasks related to A&R departments.
They will ensure that good communication and attention to detail enables the Director of A&R to carry out her duties effectively during a busy and hectic schedule.
The ideal candidate should be a music fan as well as be familiar with Domino and its artists.
A&R ASSISTANT JOB DUTIES:
- Assist the A&R Director and A&R team with scheduling meetings
- Coordinate calendars, scheduling and meeting logistics
- Maintain the Los Angeles writing room calendar
- Book studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
- Coordinate album recording sessions and related travel
- Track audio turned in from a Domino Recording or Publishing writing or recording session
- Maintain a tidy audio database
- Contract remixes and manage payment in a timely fashion
- Attend A&R meetings as needed
- Liaise with business affairs to coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
- Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Oversee general office supplies
- Minimum of one year experience in the music industry or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Genuine passion for the record making process
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company.
Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic.
Its roster includes acts diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, The Kills, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Please send cover letter and resume to Monique@dominorecordco.com including A&R Assistant in the subject line.