Job Title: Royalty Manager
Department/Group: Investment Management
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote
Job Category: EXEMPT
Travel Required: 20%
Position Type: Full-Time
Hiring Manager: Managing Director
Domain Capital Group headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, provides comprehensive private investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries to institutions, public and private pension plans, corporations, foundations, endowments and high-net-worth individuals.
Our investment professionals have experience across a wide range of asset classes and investment strategies, including Media, Entertainment, & Technology, Real Estate, Credit & Special Situations, and Natural Resources Investments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a positive and productive work environment in which all employees have an equal opportunity to realize their potential.
All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
Our Royalty Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day asset management activities for Domain’s Media, Entertainment, and Technology portfolio. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following roles and responsibilities:
- Managing the aggregation and analysis of incoming royalty and collection statements for music, television, and film assets;
- Supporting the Investment Management team with reviewing and monitoring existing assets to ensure proper collections and managing any audits;
- Managing the transition of new assets and works as well as the registration of new works;
- Preparing the analysis of asset performance across each royalty source for quarterly investment management reports;
- Preparing royalty reconciliations and investigating any necessary adjustments;
- Managing relationships and accounts with publishing, administration, and other servicing partners;
- Contributing to building new tools and analytics for internal and external reporting;
- Researching industry news and trends; and
- Reviewing asset-level assumptions in financial models.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of experience in entertainment royalty administration and analysis, with an entertainment company, such as a business management company, music publisher or administrator, or an investment management firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Music Business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with MACROS, SQL, Tableau are a plus.
- Ability to interpret royalty or administration agreements.
The capability to analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- This position can be based in Atlanta, GA or can be remote but if remote, will require occasional travel to Atlanta.
- Strategic Thinking: Develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and in the future.
- Analytical Thinking: Understand the underlying concepts in complex information, able to identify root causes of problems, and formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
- Decisiveness: Ability to take calculated risks by making decisions and taking action, even in the absence of all information.
- Communication: Highly communicative throughout all aspects of the job function, including but not limited managing work flow across internal and external parties, conveying new ideas, and presenting any general data observations within royalty statements.
- Influence and Persuasion: Effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
- Business Acumen: Ability to make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in their own discipline or functional area.
- Planning and Priority Setting: Ability to identify the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or realize an idea. This competency requires developing detailed action or project plans including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: Ability to be at ease in work situations without clear guidelines, structure, or known outcomes. Able to operate effectively within ambiguous environments and view novel situations as challenges rather than as stressors.
- Achievement Motivation and Perseverance: Display a determination to achieve ever increasing levels of performance. Setting high standards and challenging goals for oneself, others, and the organization, and requires a constant focus on achieving and exceeding those goals.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Occasional travel including travel to Atlanta if remote, approximately 20%.