Ditto Music is a fast-growing and award-winning music distribution and label services company for over 150,000 artists, with offices in 16 countries worldwide.
In 2018, we have released Top 40 albums and singles for artists such as Yxng Bane, Dodie, Dave, AJ Tracey and many more.
One of Ditto’s two business models provides early stage artists with 100% royalties, while for artists further along in their career, Ditto works on a % basis and helps with Spotify/Apple playlisting, press and radio.
We are looking for a Publicity Manager to work from our London office, whose duties and responsibilities will be:
- To effectively, efficiently and professionally manage the relationships between the UK media and Ditto’s roster of labels and artists where in-house PR services are offered.
- To develop and implement innovative, achievable and successful PR plans, strategies and campaigns for that roster including: writing press releases, pitching artists for feature coverage, presenting music, securing reviews, etc
- Commission and manage any external PR company resource that is required to effectively implement campaigns
- Work with Ditto’s Artist & Label Services Managers and client partners to acquire press assets/tools in order to execute campaigns efficiently
- Deal with external stakeholders to ensure they have all the required tools for their campaigns which involve Ditto artists
- Organise artist phone interview and on-ground schedules
- Prepare post-campaign reports
- Maintain the Ditto media and PR contacts database
- To leverage relationships in the wider global music industry to implement Ditto’s corporate communications strategy to assist in developing Ditto’s corporate profile
- To act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and Ditto’s results.
- Manage the PR department including any staff, general admin and budgets
- To work closely with CEO and the Head of Artist & Label Services in developing Ditto’s PR business; developing services to both existing music services client as well as external clients.
- Ideally have a tertiary degree in PR, communications, marketing or similar
- At least 5 years’ promotions or publicity experience with the proven ability to run successful campaigns, preferably within a music environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong network of industry contacts and the ability to build and foster relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time-management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks within different timeframes.
- Understanding of entertainment, lifestyle, culture, music, and art trends
- Driven, motivated and a desire to succeed
- Must hold a current drivers license.