Fast-growing and award-winning distribution and label services company Ditto Music is hiring for a South African Head of Operations.
The company works with over 150,000 artists and in 2018 released Top 40 albums and singles for artists such as Dodie, Dave, AJ Tracey, Yxng Bane and many more.
One of Ditto’s two business models provides early stage artists with 100% royalties, while for artists further along in their career, Ditto works on a % basis and helps with Spotify/Apple playlisting, press and radio.
With more than 20 worldwide offices, the last 12 months has seen a rapid expansion for our company. Our exciting expansion plans mean that we are looking for an experienced music industry professional to head up our operations in South Africa.
You must be already working within the music industry.
What we need from you
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience at management level within the local music industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent tertiary education
- Demonstrate understanding of the essentials of marketing and can drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get a program/merchandising program in the field.
- A strong local and international network is essential. Will already have strong contacts within the local music market. This includes artists, labels and streaming platforms.
- A good understanding of the current music industry, especially streaming and current and emerging marketing practices
- An impeccable reputation within the music industry along with strong local contacts.
- Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while retaining team membership and spirit
- Strong leadership qualities with a bigger picture outlook, committed to growing the brand where possible.
To be considered, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com