Ditto Artist & Label Services is looking to add a new A&R representative to be based in Italy to establish and grow Ditto’s presence in the territory. Our team finds, develops, manages relationships, and creates marketing initiatives with emerging & established artists, record labels and catalog owners, providing support, advice, and strategy for Ditto clients.
As an Artist and Label Services Manager, you will be required research and sign new artists and labels, actively provide account management, promote Ditto services, coordinate release campaigns including distribution, sales, promotion, publishing, digital marketing, social media, and creative. You should have existing expertise and music industry connections to start this position ready to bring on new accounts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Artist & Label Services A&R duties & responsibilities are:
- Identify and sign successful new artist and label business for Ditto Artist and Label Services
- Represent Ditto alongside Senior Staff in meetings with existing and potential artists, artist management and labels.
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies that reflects the vision and goals of the artist, management or label
- Communicate with management and artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones
- Pro-actively provide insight, advice and creative planning support to partners in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue.
- Work directly with Ditto’s teams on behalf of your roster leading key areas including Retail Marketing, Digital Marketing, Legal, Royalties, Data and Analytics, Video, Marketing, International, and Publishing
- Manage cross functionally with other departments as well as external partners to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign and to provide new business opportunities.
- Develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies with the Trade Marketing team
- Analyze performance of releases using Ditto’s analytics tools
- Maintain awareness of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on music trends and competitor activity
- Representing Ditto in the music industry, including attending gigs, panels, and spreading the word
- Generate significant revenue from signings
- Passionate about music, especially Hip-Hop music and it’s sub-genres and youth culture, with a minimum 2 years music industry experience
- Enthusiastic about independent music and artist development
- A good understanding of streaming platforms
- Knowledge and experience of artist and label services
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and positive with ability to independently initiate tasks and follow through to completion
- The ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable approach to growing within a team and adapting processes as the business continues to grow and client base evolves
- Ability to review and negotiate agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not necessary
Send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com