DistroKid, a leading provider of SaaS-based software that serves independent musicians and record labels, is hiring a Corporate Controller.
The Corporate Controller will lead the financial reporting and accounting process for DistroKid. This includes monthly and annual closing, reporting, revenue recognition, artist revenue management and administration, AR, AP, fraud prevention and internal controls.
The Corporate Controller will also be responsible for budgeting and cash management, and will have oversight of tax compliance.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close process and prepare/review the monthly financial reporting packages and GAAP financial statements for management and Board of Directors;
- Budget and cash flow forecasting, planning and reporting;
- Artist revenue reporting and administration of digital service provider partner revenue (such as Apple, Spotify and more) and subsequent payouts to rightsholders;
- Development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and expense management;
- Compliance management related to local, state, and federal governmental reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Management of accounting functions including GL, AP, AR, payroll and more;
- Provide leadership for and management of DistroKid’s fraud prevention efforts;
- Provide support and financial leadership for DistroKid operations.
- CPA with minimum 7+ years’ relevant experience;
- Strong accounting and reporting skills including required financial statement disclosures and footnotes;
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards including internal controls and best practices;
- General proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), with specific knowledge of revenue recognition (ASC 605 and ASC 606)
- Strong academic background;
- Advanced modeling skills;
- Music industry experience a plus.
DistroKid was founded in 2013 to provide musicians, managers, and record labels with online tools and services that are innovative, easy-to-use, and affordable. More than 300,000 artists rely on DistroKid and include hobbyists, up-and-coming musicians, top YouTubers, and international superstars like 21 Savage, Ludacris, Will Smith, Tom Waits, and more. DistroKid’s expanding array of services include music distribution, monetization, metadata customization, storage, and promotion. DistroKid’s small staff, coupled with largely automated backend, has enabled DistroKid to process over 6 million songs—while simultaneously providing fast, personal & friendly customer service to artists of every size. Also, it’s fun to work here 🙂 For more information, visit https://distrokid.com
DistroKid is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Interested? Email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself!