It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios.
Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Queen (in North America), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, DCappella, Almost Monday, Temecula Road, Adam Hambrick, Laine Hardy, Scarypoolparty, Alt Bloom and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Descendants,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. Recent releases include “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” “Frozen II,” “The Lion King,” “Captain Marvel,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” “Jojo Rabbit,” “Ford v Ferrari,” and “Mulan.” Upcoming titles include Marvel Studios’ “Black Widow,” Disney and Pixar’s “Soul,” and 20th Century Studio’s “West Side Story.” DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio” and “Star Wars,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” DMG produces the Disney’s For Scores podcast series highlighting conversations with acclaimed film composers from Disney, Marvel Studios, Pixar 20th Century Studios and more. Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, “Beauty And The Beast,” Pixar In Concert, “A Nightmare Before Christmas,” and many more.
To stream classic Disney hits, please visit: http://disneymusic.co/DisneyHitsLink opens in new window
The Sr. Manager Marketing for Artists primary responsibility is to define and execute marketing initiatives for selected recording artists and projects that will advance the artists brand. Duties include managing campaign budgets, overseeing creation and development of marketing assets, evaluating consumer data, maintaining strong relationships with assigned artists management and agents, and coordinating with key internal teams to drive successful cross-media campaigns.
- Develop the release strategy and timing of upcoming new releases.
- Partner with artists, management, and label colleagues to create, develop and implement integrated marketing plans designed to achieve outlined goals.
- Collaborate with key internal DMG departments on partnership marketing.
- Coordinate with key internal divisions to plan and execute cross media campaigns (Radio, Sales & Digital, Publicity, International, Creative, and Business Affairs).
- Manage multiple projects from beginning to end and meet deadlines.
- Manage budgets for select artists on roster, including submission of budget needs on a quarterly basis and overseeing spend throughout the quarter and year.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Creative department, artist and artist management to conceive of imaging campaign that includes photo sessions, videos and positioning on socials.
- Oversee the creation and development of key creative pieces. This includes marketing materials ranging from a variety of advertising assets to street marketing tools and various formats of content to be positioned online.
- Interpret consumer research and translate into effective marketing programs.
- Continually evaluate consumer response data on artists including consumption, radio, Shazam and artist socials in order to make informed marketing decisions and be proactive with appropriately designed campaigns.
- Stay informed on industry trends as well as successful artists’ campaigns and what is working for them.
- Proactively develop and grow relationships with artists, managers, agents, and other external business partners.
- Bring new business opportunities to DMG, for both artist roster and for the company in general.
- Manage additional marketing projects as assigned by Marketing leadership.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales or radio promotions in a music label
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with artists, artists management, and other external stakeholders
- Bachelors degree required