Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts.
The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include (Grammy-nominated) Demi Lovato, Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, In Real Life, Ocean Park Standoff, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, New Hope Club, BOBI, DCappella, American Idol winner Maddie Poppe, JD McCrary, and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Descendants,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar- and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack.
DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio,” “Aladdin,” “Star Wars,” and “The Lion King,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.”
Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty And The Beast, Soy Luna and many more.
This role will work closely with Disney lines of business, territory marketing leads, external license partners and Sales & Digital departments to identify, develop and market high-potential content activations.
It’s preferred that the successful candidate have a deep musical knowledge and passion paired with a data-driven approach to drive effective marketing strategies globally.
- Develop and implement international marketing strategies for artists’ music, a variety of Disney Film and TV soundtracks and catalogue products across the Disney Music Group roster.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, including A&R, Sales & Digital, Product Development, Legal, Studio & TV and Artist Management to support priority projects and artists.
- Use data to explore niche and large scale catalogue opportunities across DMG repertoire, developing local and pan-territorial campaigns.
- Manage title marketing budgets and multi-territory P&L’s; reporting regular updates to department VP.
- Create and maintain an ongoing international calendar of tent-pole events that can be leveraged to grow awareness of DMG repertoire.
- Responsible for overseeing a DMG international Manager role on assigned projects, as well as career development.
- Prepare case studies using data to provide feedback to stakeholders and the wider group regarding global catalogue, soundtrack and artist campaign marketing strategies.
- Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge of global and local retail accounts across the world.
- Collect, evaluate and share territory new release marketing information globally.
- Share company’s best practices between international offices and DMG affiliates
- Prepare product presentations and conference materials.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in Marketing within the music or entertainment industry, and/or international markets preferred.
- Familiarity with basic data analysis principles.
- Ability to build strong, cross-functional relationships.
- Clear understanding of key retail accounts and marketing opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organized, able to multitask, prioritize and maintain deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment: capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
- Must be able to accept changes readily and be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
- Travel internationally as needed.
- Music experience highly preferred
- Experience identifying Global marketing opportunities
- Required Education
Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred.