At The Walt Disney Studios you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Under the leadership of the Director, Finance, this is a unique position that combines accounting responsibilities with specialized music business processing including royalties, licensing, and audits.
This role will lead the team responsible for DMP and Disney Concerts quarterly accounting close process, royalty statements processing, licensing processing and invoicing, remittance handling, reconciliations, scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, as well as inter-department collaboration. Additionally, this position will play a key role supporting the design and implementation of an upcoming Publishing and Licensing system. This role has a high level of interaction and coordination with other groups inside and outside of TWDC.
- Manage and develop a cross-functional team, including work prioritization and allocation, team collaboration, career development, goal setting and performance management
- Lead a team of 4 to accurately achieve their responsibilities in a timely manner, including:
- Processing of Publishing and Licensing royalty statements
- Handle remittances, including check coding, recognizing receipt and reconciling lockbox
- Disney Concerts accounting and management reporting
- Title (MPM) set up and management in SAP and DNote (DMG’s repertoire management system)
- Travel card reconciliation
- Oversee writers’ statements review and facilitate audits
- Perform quarterly accounting close for DMP, including booking revenue and expense accruals, advance write-offs, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders such as Corporate Controllership, DMG Copyright, Royalties, and Licensing teams, Licensees, and Sub-publishers
- Identify and resolve complex technical, operational and organizational challenges on an on-going ad-hoc basis:
- Partner with Studio Technology to implement a foundational financial system with an eye on solving current challenges and identifying opportunities for process improvement
- CPA preferred, with expertise in financial operations, controls, reporting and systems
- At least 5-7 years of accounting experience with keen interest in Entertainment / Music
- Proven experience in managing the accounting and reporting of highly complex, diverse, international businesses
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to autonomously and diplomatically work through problems across different business functions
- Excellent communication and leadership skillset with a constructive curiosity to drive change
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple high priority projects under tight deadlines
- Proven ability in utilizing Excel for financial modeling and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
Burbank, CA-based Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, and DMG Nashville. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Demi Lovato, ZZ Ward, Lucy Hale, R5, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Zendaya, Bridgit Mendler, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, Fairfax Recordings, and more. DMG also release family music and film and television soundtracks such as the Oscar-winning and Grammy®-nominated “Frozen” soundtrack, the chart-topping and Grammy®-nominated “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Into The Woods,” as well as soundtracks for “Teen Beach Movie 2” and “The Descendants.”