The Director, Sales & Digital leads a team that is responsible for the creative marketing and commerce efforts across key partners including YouTube, VEVO and Social Media. Additional responsibilities include podcasts, artist and brand channel optimization, and emerging technology.
Remit covers brand verticals including Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Hollywood Records, National Geographic, Fox, FX, Disney Music Publishing, Disney Concerts and more.
Reports to VP, Sales & Digital.
- Lead teams across social media and streaming video efforts:
- Pitch and market all new music videos for placements across YouTube, VEVO, Facebook, etc.
- Lead efforts for 30-40 artists and brand social media handles per platform across at least 10 platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, VEVO, Snapchat, Triller, Giphy, Pinterest)
- Approach all efforts from a global perspective
- Act as key point of contact for all social media and emerging technology partnerships.
- Manage key accounts valued at $40m in global business:
- Manage two top 5 accounts, as well as User Generated Content efforts for Disney Music catalogue of recorded music and compositions
- Drive creative digital marketing initiatives across all projects and releases in conjunction with DMG marketing team:
- Work with artist managers, cross-lines of business teams for efforts around all projects
- Develop marketing plans and initiatives with 3rd party agencies
- Manage influencer campaigns
- Develop full digital marketing plans for all key projects across the Disney Music Group
- Lead development, creation, delivery, and , marketing of DMG podcasts:
- Partner with Megaphone team for podcast distribution, marketing, and delivery
- Oversee the development of Disney Music podcast productions
- Manage and educate broader team on best practices regarding allowlisting, anti-piracy, content protection :
- Lead regular sessions to update the broader company about policy and procedure
- Liaise with TWDC anti-piracy team for management of assets
- Liaise with UMG distribution for content claiming and monetization, as well as protection
- Lead DMG efforts for emerging technologies, including, but bot limited to: AR/VR, Filters, NFTs, Livestreams, and, more:
- Participate in TWDC NFT committee
- Liaise with Studio Lab and TIG for developing technology opportunities
- Source new opportunities to keep DMG at the forefront of these critical spaces
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in the entertainment industry, preferably music
- Previous leadership experience
- Creative mind with logistical follow through
- Strong passion for music and technology
- An openness to a quickly and perpetually changing landscape
- Proven success building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong follow up skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity
- Strength in multitasking is a must, with ability to work manage a high-pressure environment
- Insatiable curiosity regarding the music, entertainment, and technology industries
- Extremely positive attitude can do spirit and ability to thrive at being a team player
- Experience with data and analytics
- YouTube Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
Disney Music Group is home to Walt Disney Records, Hollywood Records, Disney Concerts, Disney Music Publishing and Buena Vista Records. Brands include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Disney+, National Geographic, 20thCentury Studios, Lucasfilm, Searchlight Pictures, Star, Disney Channel, hulu, FX, ABC, Freeform and ESPN. DMG is home to soundtracks of the biggest movies and TV shows in the world, including “Frozen,” “The Lion King,” “Aladdin,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the “Star Wars” franchise, “Avengers: Endgame,” “Black Panther,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Black Widow,” “Cruella,” “Soul,” “Free Guy,” “Loki,” “The Mandalorian,” “This Is Us,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” “Zombies,” the “Descendants” franchise, “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” and the upcoming film soundtracks “Eternals,” “Encanto” and “West Side Story.” The artist roster includes Andy Grammer, AREA21, Queen, almost monday, DCappella, Joywave, Breaking Benjamin, Sofia Carson, DREAMERS, TINI, Daisy The Great, Olivia Holt, The Undefeated, New Hope Club, ScaryPoolParty, Temecula Road, Laine Hardy and CB30.