Open to candidates in or willing to relocate to OR, WA, ID, UT, AZ, TX USA
Who We Are
Discogs is a global company with locations in Oregon, the Netherlands and Japan. Discogs created and maintains the largest crowd-sourced, community-driven database of recorded music information in the world. Every day, millions of people use the Discogs Marketplace to connect, learn about music, and buy and sell vinyl records, CDs, and cassettes. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, creative, and highly motivated people to help us realize our mission to serve the music fan in everyone.
We are relatively small, so individual contributions can have a large impact. High value is placed on quality, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. Our teams work collaboratively but are distributed geographically and open-source tools are important to who we are and how we work. We value the experiences and skills each team member contributes to helping us serve our music community.
Our global team is currently working 100% remotely from home as a result of the pandemic. However, “in-office” hours have always been flexible and will continue to be flexible as we return to normal when the pandemic ends.
What We’re Looking For
The Digital Media Sales Specialist: Music/Audio is responsible for owning our SMB accounts for direct revenue initiatives and managing relationships, with a focus on our music industry business, that drive direct revenue while ensuring exceptional service and identifying potential new opportunities with partners. Success in this role will rely on an understanding of Discogs as a brand, the music industry, and digital marketing. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly communicate with Discogs partners and successfully guide them to build highly performing campaigns for the Discogs’ audience.
Reporting to the Growth Marketing Manager and working cross-functionally with the entire marketing organization, the Digital Media Sales Specialist: Music/Audio will manage a robust sales pipeline of music brands and will be accountable for goals inclusive of lead generation and conversion, and closing new business directly attributed to advertising revenue growth.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Based on key objectives, identify and qualify new potential partners for lead generation.
- Cultivate and close advertising opportunities that generate revenue that exceed monthly and quarterly advertising sales goals.
- This is a sales job. Sell us on why you are a great candidate for this team.
- Bring extraordinary focus on results with a dedication to delivering first-class solutions and high-impact campaigns to clients.
- Maintain daily updates of progress within the CRM that allow for transparency and cross-functional support of client outreach and sales efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally within the Growth team and across the marketing organization to create brand-centric campaign proposals.
- Educate brands on Discogs advertising, sponsorship, and partnerships marketing products.
- Report campaign performance in conjunction with Marketing Operations based on key metrics to identify and communicate options for clients that allow them to optimize campaign efficiency, drive renewals, and meet client KPIs and ROAS.
- Serve as a source of market intelligence for the Growth and Marketing Ops teams to inform product needs and pricing. Gather feedback from clients about strategic needs and solutions they would like Discogs to offer.
- Inform and provide input on development, operational efficiencies, and processes based on an understanding of client needs and industry best practices.
- Develop, maintain, and apply in-depth knowledge of Discogs (Community, Audience, Sellers, Platform) and how that knowledge contextually relates to the products we offer to partners.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the industry and competitive dynamics.
- Seek out new opportunities to evangelize Discogs with new and existing partners.
- May require occasional domestic travel.
What You’ll Contribute
Need to Have
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in Sales with Sales CRM or related work experience, preferably experience working with or on record label marketing campaigns
- Experience selling media to big-name music labels and music business companies.
- Possess knowledge in marketing campaign development and implementation and/or marketing communications or integrated marketing
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
Nice to Have
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adapting to continuous change
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate by Discogs principles:
- Results Driven: Relentlessly pursue our goals and honor our commitments
- Transparent Communication: Ask questions, share observations, state facts
- Adaptability: Embrace failure through experiential learning, move forward
- Impact: Contribute to the story of Discogs’ success
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, plus performance-related bonus program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 4 weeks paid vacation, increasing based on tenure
- 18 weeks paid leave for birth moms
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, including for adoption
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Annual professional and personal development allowance
- Work from home office set-up and expense allowances
- Flexible work location opportunities
- Employer matching toward charitable contributions
What We Believe In
Discogs’ mission is to serve the music fan in everyone. We represent a diverse and inclusive community, and we are committed to serving our community with innovative and creative solutions. We know that innovation happens best when varying perspectives are embraced and integrated. Our global team reflects our global community.
Discogs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants needing accommodation to apply should contact us at 503-597-6340
If you apply for this role, you will be required to upload a resume, cover letter, and fill out a few questions regarding your application. Once submitted, our hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Whether you are successful or not, we will store your application and data in our system for a maximum period of one year from the application date in case another role becomes available that you are suitable for. If you have any questions or concerns about us storing this data and/or the period of time, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond to you within 30 days.