Pollen.co is a marketplace for the experiences young people love. This includes music festivals, artist curated events, clubbing, travel, dining and more.
We give our members exclusive access to some of the world’s best events and the opportunity to unlock incredible rewards for bringing their friends.
Pollen curates the best experiences for young people with a mix of the world’s leading entertainment brands including Live Nation, AEG, React Presents, Avant Gardner, Printworks as well as our own-brand experiences that we create, perfectly tailored to the customer preferences of our members and their friends.
We have recently launched a number of co-curated travel products by partnering with major artists and promoters, and have had incredible success in a short space of time. We have launched a number of trips in Europe, including partnerships with The Streets, Skepta, Charlie Sloth, Duran Duran, We Are Festival and ABODE. In the US we have partnered with a number of well-known festival brands including Disco Donnie, Brownies & Lemonade, Electric Zoo and most recently an experience with country star Dustin Lynch. We have a large and exciting pipeline of artist partnerships that will be rolling out over the next 6 months.
The Content team at Pollen will act as gatekeepers for all the artist curated experiences that live on Pollen. As the Head of Hip-Hop + R&B you will be responsible for ensuring that the best of the best from that genre live on Pollen. You will work hand in hand with the artist and their team to curate best-in-class experiences that bring their narrative to life, help elevate their brand and bring them closer to their fans. We’re looking for someone with senior level experience who can think holistically about how to build out this vertical and ultimately move into a global position within 6-12 months.
- You must be passionate and deeply knowledgeable about the Hip-Hop + R&B music market within the US and be able to communicate and represent that internally at Pollen
- Build and maintain relationships within the Hip-Hop + R&B artist & management community to ensure that Pollen is well known, respected and a desirable partner
- Help educate the industry about Pollen and various partnership opportunities
- Drive new artist branded partnerships and act as the end-to-end lead for each project you bring in
- Work creatively with artists and their teams to come up with innovative concepts that Pollen will bring to life
- As we continue to scale, you will be responsible for building and managing a team that will work directly under you to drive forward new experiences
- Become an expert in Pollen’s insights on young people and how they like to travel and use that knowledge to come up with the best-in-class experiences across various travel destinations
- Work cross functionally with the product development and strategy teams to ensure we deliver on all our promises to the artist and curate a premium experience for them and their fans
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure that the narrative, messaging and creative assets align with the artist brand
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience working in the music business
- Have a track record of working directly with Artist talent and their teams
- Have a deep understanding and passion for the music & culture around Hip-Hop + R&B
- Understanding of the live music business is a plus
- Ideal candidates come from roles in A&R, curation, marketing or experiential at record labels or DSPs
- Sought-after collaborator with established industry relationships both at the highest levels as well as among emerging talent
- Engaging, creative and passionate about innovating and creating new opportunities within the music industry
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Health, life & dental insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Retirement benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible working environment