DIM MAK, the record label & music lifestyle brand founded by Steve Aoki, is looking for a passionate Video Production Manager to join our video team.
Be a part of the team that creates video content – social media clips, lyric videos, YouTube visualizer videos, official music videos – for Dim Mak’s record label, live events and clothing line (the Dim Mak Collection).
Candidate should have knowledge of the Dim Mak brand, as well as knowledge of the contemporary musical landscape, spanning electronic music and beyond.
Candidate should be a motivated team player and a jack of all trades that can be a post production supervisor, producer, editor, motion graphics editor, and music video commissioner all in one package.
Post Production Supervisor
- Run team meetings and provide clear agendas and recaps for video team
- Manage editor schedules, maintaining good channels of communication between management and editors
- Oversee the execution of multiple projects along with the creative input.
- Works with marketing and creative teams to ensure project goals are achieved
- Supervise revisions, color corrections, and motion graphics, as needed confirming they meet Dim Mak branding and optimal social media standards
Video production for social media content
- Produce, shoot and edit digital and social video content across various platforms, including shooting original content, event recaps, social media content, behind-the-scenes materials, talent interviews, etc.
- Produce, shoot and edit official music videos
- Edit footage captured by other production companies and contributors
- Edit audio visualizers
- Create/Edit Motion design lyric videos
- Edit 15-60 second social media promos for Dim Mak releases
- Create title sequences, lower thirds, and other simple motion graphics
Music Video Commissioner
- Solicit treatments for music video and content productions as required
- Oversee video productions executed by 3rd party production vendors
- Oversee freelance workers to ensure they’re adhering to policies
- Source freelancers for productions
- Responsible for managing video budgets and timely delivery of final product.
- On set attendance of all commissioned video productions to ensure creative is executed properly.
- Liaise between label executives, band/management and director/production company.
- Ensure videos comply with network and legal standards
- Communicate professionally with staff and vendors about payments, logistics, and all other all vendor agreements
- 3-5+ years of proven experience creating successful online video content, including extensive and intimate knowledge of the workflow process from concept through post-production
- 2+ years of effective management experience
- 3+ years experience with Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop CC is a MUST
- C4D and 3D animation is a PLUS
- Experience making titles, lower thirds, and simple motion graphics
- Strong understanding of video codecs and file types
- Strong DSLR Proficiency
- Experience as a grip/gaffer, and know how to set up basic three point lighting
- Experience shooting various content such as live events, behind the scenes/ EPKs, music videos, and interviews
- Experience working with talent, in particular EDM producers/DJs
- Must be able to meet fast deadlines
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Must be local to the area
Only applicants with a reel or examples of relevant work attached to their resume will be considered.
- Commensurate with experience
- We offer medical and dental insurance via Blue Shield