Dim Mak, the Los Angeles based lifestyle brand founded by Grammy nominated DJ/Producer Steve Aoki, incorporating record label, publishing, clothing and events is seeking an experienced, highly organized and highly pro-active Operations Manager.
Must be fully versed in the delivery of both physical and digital music products to distributors and retailers. Must be a metadata wizard. Must have direct experience with content management systems. Must be able to manage relationships with both artist/management, vendor and in-house to ensure the delivery of properly formatted assets on deadline. Must be adept in working with a high volume release schedule consisting mainly of singles and EPs with tight turn times.
- Setting up and delivering new releases to the distributor and international label deals, as well as direct retailers such as Beatport.
- Oversee all company metadata, including generating catalog numbers, UPCs, ISRCs
- Compiling and maintaining label copy for each release, including composers, publishers, and splits
- Collecting production assets (audio, metadata, artwork, video)
- Coordinate audio mastering and QC all final audio
- Managing the release schedule and release date moves
- Creating weekly sales reports for campaign reports and reporting retail wins to management
- Coordinate the creation of marketing drivers and update distributor with regular marketing highlights
- Submitting music videos for broadcast TV, VEVO, and DSPs
- Managing physical production for CD and vinyl
- Managing anti-piracy protection
- Maintaining databases for ownership rights claims (i.e. for YouTube, SoundExchange and the like)
- Creating private streaming and MP3 download links
- Coordinating retail price points with distributor and retailers
- Packaging assets for radio, club promote, DJ pools and licensing sendouts
- Troubleshooting media or metadata issues
- Troubleshooting art and audio files
- Coordinate retail program submissions in conjunction with marketing department
- Soundcloud and Facebook Whitelisting
- Oversee Youtube claim removals for partner monetization deals
- A highly organized and pro-active individual with a high attention to detail.
- Minimum 3 years production experience at a record label or distribution company
- Proficient in Mac OSX, Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid knowledge of industry accepted file formats for art, music and video
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Commensurate with experience
About Dim Mak Records:
In 1996, Steve Aoki founded DIM MAK and developed it into an influential independent record label and music lifestyle brand. Responsible for launching the careers of seminal acts such as Bloc Party, The Bloody Beetroots, The Chainsmokers, Deorro, Keys N Krates and countless others, the independently owned DIM MAK has consistently pushed new musical movements via its staunch DIY ethos. With a back catalog hundreds of records deep, a history of legendary live events, and a fully formed clothing line, Dim Mak continues its global mission of promoting boundary-pushing music and culture ‘by any means necessary.’