BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
Your mission is to develop, manage and drive the digital sales strategy for the US, Canada and Latin America in order to maximize sales and streaming revenues for both catalogue and frontline releases. Maintain an exceptional understanding of marketing, streaming, and sales opportunities, systems and timelines. Build and leverage relationships with all key parties across the account including editorial, operational, marketing, management and data teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all digital partners in North America and Latin America. e.g. Spotify, Apple / iTunes, Deezer etc
- Build and develop strong working relationships with BMG’s digital distribution partner
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams. Primarily production, marketing and sales
- Be a key member of the Digital sales team and help define and implement BMG’s global digital retail strategy
Sales and Marketing
- Work with North American and Latin American Label/Product Managers and sales teams to set up and create new release products from both catalogue and frontline and to help define digital strategies with all service providers
- Develop various sales tools to communicate new release information, as well as catalogue promo activity and marketing updates to retail and distribution partners
- Assist the sales team/label with digital campaigns including pitching titles, seeking approvals, managing price drops and analyzing results.
- Oversee the creation and booking of Spotify advertising campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze sales performance and make appropriate recommendations
- Help with the communication of best practice advice to relevant colleagues in terms of optimizing the performance of BMG repertoire on digital services.
- Attend internal planning meetings
- Ensure new releases and existing label priorities are properly scheduled in accordance with relevant partner guidelines.
- Provide feedback on the performance of new release and catalogue campaigns, as required.
- Schedule and attend regular meetings with retail partners – including listening sessions, artist meet and greets and general
- planning meetings as well as inviting retail partners to BMG gigs
- Provide expertise on streaming platforms and oversee the pitching of tracks from both frontline and catalogue, to 3rd party playlists
- Build up good relations with editorial contacts at 3rd party playlist curators
- Liaise with frontline and catalogue colleagues, as well as synch to establish which artists and tracks to pitch on a weekly basis
- Plug tracks to 3rd party playlist brands, including Spotify, Apple, Topsify, Digster, etc via the most effective method for each partner
- Monitor which tracks have been added to which playlists and analyze the impact on streaming numbers
- Build an in depth knowledge of the key playlists in your market for various genres in terms of driving streams; and how to best pitch tracks to them
Data Management and Administration
- Establish a good working knowledge of the internal systems and procedures relating to digital sales and distribution.
- Respond promptly to client/partner queries and requests.
- Generate sales and streaming reports for internal colleagues as well as management.
- Provide input and feedback around the development of BMG’s analytics tools in relation to your specific needs
You are equal parts analytical and enterprising. You build relationships easily and authentically. You hold yourself and others accountable.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in digital account management and distribution
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
- Onsite weekly yoga class
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org