Digital Accounts & Marketing Strategy Manager – ANZ
FUGA provides forward-thinking music distribution, technology, and marketing services to forward-thinking music companies. Working at the heart of the music industry with more than 800 clients, including Beggars Group, Epitaph, Naxos and Ninja Tune, FUGA is the world’s leading full-service B2B music distributor.
FUGA works at the forefront of music distribution technology, connecting its clients with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music while helping them get the most from their music, whether that’s with award-nominated label services, industry-leading revenue accounting, or using FUGA’s suite of best-in-class products.
Owned by Downtown Music Holdings, FUGA is an independent company and is one of the very few distributors to sit on the highest preferred partner tiers for all the major DSPs.
What You Do
FUGA’s Marketing Services team has been built to add value and solve problems for our vast number of clients by helping them connect their artists with audiences and create revenues and growth. In this role, you will report to the Senior Marketing Services Director – APAC and you will be the primary point of contact for a roster of content owners (record labels, distributors, etc.) and Digital Service Providers (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, YouTube Music, etc.) who have offices or local representation in the ANZ region.
You will own the marketing/client relationship for a roster of clients and collaborate closely with them to deliver cutting edge, globally minded marketing campaigns. You will have a great passion and knowledge of the ANZ market, with strong community connections. Dynamic, creative, organised and accountable, with a deep understanding of marketing and consumer behaviour and an excellent grasp of streaming and the DSP landscape, you will act as a constant and reliable source of advice and expertise for your roster of clients, always striving to add maximum value to their numerous releases and campaigns.
Your responsibilities will also include leading the relationships with the digital partners in the market, shaping and implementing new and ongoing release campaigns, as well as building long-term programming strategies to maximise revenue and exposure for our client’s artists across the variety of DSPs.
You will also work closely with your Marketing Strategy & Digital Accounts colleagues in other FUGA offices to collaborate on multi-territory campaigns, as an expert for Digital partnership opportunities and insights for the ANZ market.
- Proactively provide insight, advice and creative strategic planning support to clients in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing strategies that reflect the vision and goals of the artist, management or label
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones
- Secure the most favourable positioning for artists and releases with DSPs
- Partner with playlist, editorial, marketing and experiential teams at DSPs to develop coordinated on-platform and off-platform campaign element
- Develop global strategy and effective relationships with all DSPs
- Understand and exploit the unique positioning and needs of each DSP
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, new entrants in the DSP space, and other social, merch and fan experience vehicles that impact streaming
- Collaborate with colleagues and with DSP counterparts on unique, high impact streaming strategies and campaigns for each priority release
- Seize opportunities to reactivate catalogue associated with new releases
- Deliver exclusives and successful streaming campaign performance for new releases and catalogue
- Act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and FUGA’s results
- Be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity
- Represent FUGA in the ANZ industry, including attending concerts, conferences and spreading the word
Who You Are
- Demonstrable experience working within a label, artist management or music distribution company
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and culture
- Excellent client service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional and confident demeanour
- A strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, and experience in coordinating with streaming and audience engagement platforms, labels, managers and artists on campaigns
- A solid network of industry-specific connections, including key contacts at digital music services
- Broad knowledge of the digital landscape and consumer trends
- Experience with working across different time zones, and communicating across multiple organisational levels
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that illustrate organisation and attention to detail
Who We Are
We’re a growing company with strong ambitions. Our Head Office is based in Amsterdam and we have satellite offices in London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Seoul, New York and Los Angeles; as well as representatives in Rio de Janeiro, Bogota, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Stockholm, Sydney, Singapore and Tokyo. We offer an international business environment made up of colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and technology.