Demon Music Group is the UK’s largest independent record company specialising in the marketing of physical and digital catalogue music with repertoire sourced from both major and independent companies around the world as well as our own vast library of rights.
We control music catalogues from a number of high profile artists across a number of genres including Suede, T. Rex, Ian Dury, Belinda Carlisle and many more.
We are also the home of a number of labels spanning all genres and price-points. From high-value limited edition CD and vinyl release on Edsel and Demon Records, various artist compilations on 100 Hits and Crimson Productions as well as digital releases, through to iconic labels including Holland Dozier Holland, Philly Groove, Xtravaganza and Trax Records.
Here at Demon we are lucky to employ a team of music enthusiasts covering all eras and genres and who are experts in their field. We are passionate about what we do and take pride and care in all our products ensuring our position as the UK’s leading independent catalogue marketing record company.
As the Key Account Manager for Demon Music Group the main purpose of your role is to sell-in products and achieve sales figures that aim to meet the financial budgets set for the retail accounts that the role has responsibility for.
Areas of focus:
- Task Management: Manage the day to day sales tasks associated with a selection of smaller accounts (including but not limited to Proper, Gardners, Rarewaves, Music Magpie,
- UK-based independent retailers). This includes all tasks necessary to achieve budgeted sales figures.
- Relationship Management : Maintain (and foster) trusted relationships with designated retail contacts
- Administration Tasks : A number of administration tasks required by the business, that include, but are not limited to :
- Collation of retail charts
- Excel maintenance and updating of forecast grids Overstocks information collation (spreadsheets).
- Reporting and Communication: Become familiar with designated tasks in the Amazon VC system, in order, when necessary, to offer assistance/holiday cover to achieve needed tasks.
- Preparation: Be fully prepared for scheduled meetings.
Are you the right candidate?
Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial Awareness – Market Dynamics
- Basic Excel Spreadsheet Capability (Basic Formula)
- Ability to discuss complexity within deals (qty vs margin) (problem solving)
- Enthusiasm for sales achievement
- Inter-personal skills to effectively build and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to work at pace when required, and to manage multiple on-going tasks.
- Experience of margin management and product life-cycle
- Understanding of wider (entertainment) market stats Practical experience with/at retail.