The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making.
It is A&R that allows us to locate and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists.
Scouting for young, upcoming, and talented DJ’s, producers and songwriters is a central focus of the A&R’s daily responsibilities. The Defected A&R is expected to help maintain a consistent & successful tempo of releases for the Defected and DFTD labels, as well as creating and overseeing creative and productive collaborative environments.
- Regularly bring in valuable new talent relationships and successful records for assigned labels.
- Manage the relationship between the artist/management & the rest of the record label internally.
- Create creative and productive collaborative environments
- Constantly interface with DJ’s, producers and writers
- Help to maintain a consistent & successful tempo of releases for our artists & labels.
- See a project through its whole life from signing, to release, to its delivery in the marketplace.
- Commission & deliver remixes where required.
- Work with the rest of the A&R department to check demos/delivered material & provide relevant & constructive feedback where required.
- Co-ordinate with business affairs dept/head of recordings to ensure business deals are in line with the market & beneficial to the business as a whole.
- Develop strong relationships quickly and consistently.
- A genuine love, passion & deep knowledge of house & dance music.
- A hunger to find & develop new talent.
- Basic understanding of recordings/song publishing rights including digital rights and territory restrictions
- Very organised especially in use of iTunes, email, and file management
- Excellent attention to detail.
Other: All other duties as assigned
This role may involve some UK & international travel and therefore some weekend and evening work.