Def Jam Recordings is seeking a Publicity Senior Director with ideally 5-7 years of experience in the entertainment/music industry.
This individual should ideally have broad musical interest across genres with a particular focus on hip-hop, urban and pop.
The position requires a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Working under the EVP of Publicity the candidate will be involved in all aspects of PR campaigns for releases on Def Jam Recordings, G.O.O.D. Music and more.
- Designing and spearheading PR campaigns for select releases, from inception through release date and beyond, including formulating original, forward thinking and comprehensive PR plans; outreach/pitch to national and regional media outlets, including major national TV bookings and broad contacts in the digital media sphere
- Write press releases/monthly round-up of Def Jam releases
- Downloading press materials from rep centers B2B sites and organizing for U.S. office including photos, bios, and more
- Uploading materials including bios, press releases and photos to the various websites
- Coordinating monthly mailings of product
- Maintaining up-to-date clip files/books electronically and service to the staff and artist managers
- Maintaining press database – updating contact information and mailing lists for various genres
- Providing detailed press reports to managers, artists and colleagues in the U.S. And Europe
- Assisting EVP with additional publicity campaigns – compiling press kit materials, facilitating press mailings, overseeing distribution of monthly releases to press, creating promo schedules and escorting artists to press appearances
- Working closely with other team members including marketing to exchange information
- Coordinating tools, mailings, etc for outside PR representatives who we engage to work campaigns on our behalf
- Additional PR department administrative duties including invoice processing and booking artist travel
- Ability to attend concerts on weekday evenings after work and occasionally on weekends when needed
- Computer savvy, Writing, Social Media
- Entertainment Experience
- Public Relations Experience is a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in the entertainment/music industry (Urban Music insight is a plus)
- College Graduate