Location: Peckham, London
Closing Date: 28 July 2022
Deacon are looking for a publicist to join the team with a specific focus on event and tour PR.
Located in the bustling Bussey Building in Peckham, London, we are a full-service PR agency covering print, online, and broadcast, across music, entertainment, and the arts.
Our roster is incredibly varied so requires a candidate with diverse musical taste, and flexibility in their approach to media, both regionally and nationally.
This role will predominantly be focused on our live projects, which make up the largest area of the business.
We are blessed to work with some of the best promoters across the country and pride ourselves as being as a trailblazer in live music PR – from 300 capacity rooms through to 20,000 capacity arenas via stately homes and all in between.
As an example of our recent and current live work – we work on the likes of:
- Regular artist touring (Gladys Knight, Barry Manilow, Marc Almond, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Blue, Jeff Beck, Aled Jones & Russell Watson)
- Outdoor summer events (Noel Gallagher, Culture Club, Nile Rodgers at Kenwood House, Paul Weller, Tom Jones at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, The Chemical Brothers at Castle Howard, Michael Bublé at Bath Royal Crescent, Diana Ross at Longleat)
- Film in concert events (Love Actually, The Muppets Christmas Carol, Our Planet)
- Live Cinema events (Andre Rieu, Cliff Richards, Westlife),
- We also work on non-music events such as Christmas at Kenwood
For more information on the clients we work with visit www.deaconcommunications.com
The candidate must have at least 2 years of experience working in comms either in music, entertainment or the arts. This is ideal for someone with this experience who is looking to take the next step and make a role their own.
The position is office-based – we’re a close-knit team that work and collaborate together. We are a flexible employer and understand that everyone works differently.
25 days a year holiday (with 5 to be taken over the Christmas period).
We welcome those from all walks of life who want to shake things up and are truly passionate about the craft and value of public relations, and how we continue to connect with audiences via an ever changing media landscape.
Next year sees Deacon mark our 10th anniversary.
- Develop and execute high-impact media campaigns across press, online and broadcast media, taking the approach that no two campaigns are the same
- Excellent creative flair, writing skills and attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- Always striving to learn and to be the best you can be
- Attending artist promo and representing the company at relevant events
- Working at live events, a multi-tasker, and a strong trouble shooter
- Contribution of ideas across campaigns. There are no bad ideas!
To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the job to [email protected]