Assists all areas of royalty administration, including, but not limited to publishing administration, record label administration, licensing, copyright registration, royalty statement analysis and audit analysis support.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare complex artist, producer, publisher, profit participation and mechanical statements
- Prepare complex income allocation schedules
- Prepare complex analytical reports
- Review of contracts and licenses to ensure that reported royalties are accurate
- Liaise with Account Managers within the Firm to accomplish shared goals in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Field internal and external licensing and royalty inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Meet hard reporting deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude under pressure
- Prepare application Form 8802 requesting Form 6166 and a letter of US residency certificate
Other royalty-related duties and projects as assigned Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid Mathematical and Analytical Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Fluent Command of English
- High Level of Professionalism Organizational/Prioritization Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Windows Willingness to Work Overtime
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of music royalties experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business (or equivalent) strongly preferred
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Occasional standing, walking, crouching, and light lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms
- Regular talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting
- Low to moderate noise level