David Weise and Associates (DWA) is a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm, with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience. Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, writers, directors, producers, and other entertainment-related companies and executives. We pride ourselves on the hands-on approach that we take when working with clients, making sure that their input and requests are our top priority.
DWA is hiring for a Label Admin Analyst based in Encino, Los Angeles.
Summary: Assists all areas of royalty administration, including, but not limited to publishing
administration, record label administration, licensing, copyright registration, royalty statement
analysis and audit analysis support.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare complex artist, producer, publisher, profit participation and mechanical statements
- Prepare complex income allocation schedules
- Prepare complex analytical reports
- Review of contracts and licenses to ensure that reported royalties are accurate
- Liaise with Account Managers within the Firm to accomplish shared goals in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Field internal and external licensing and royalty inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Meet hard reporting deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude under pressure
- Prepare application Form 8802 requesting Form 6166 and a letter of US residency certificate
- Other royalty-related duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid Mathematical and Analytical Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Fluent Command of English
- High Level of Professionalism
- Organizational/Prioritization Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Windows
- Willingness to Work Overtime
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of music royalties experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business (or equivalent) strongly preferred