David Weise and Associates (DWA) is a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm, with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience. Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, writers, directors, producers, and other entertainment-related companies and executives. We pride ourselves on the hands-on approach that we take when working with clients, making sure that their input and requests are our top priority.
DWA is hiring for an Audit Analyst based in Encino, Los Angeles.
Summary: Assist in all areas of royalty auditing, including, but not limited to record label, publishing, merchandise, participation and partnership auditing. Additional responsibilities include assisting with publishing administration, record label administration, licensing, copyright registration, and royalty statement analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identification of royalty contract compliance issues and calculation of any underpayment
- Perform detail tests of a licensee’s books and records as deemed necessary on a client by client basis
- Prepare complex analytical reports detailing specific procedures performed in order
to verify that the proper amount of royalties were paid to our clients
- Review of contracts and licenses to ensure that reported royalties are accurate
- Communicate effectively with clients and third parties
- Liaise with Account Managers within the Firm to accomplish shared goals in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Field internal and external licensing and royalty inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Meet hard reporting deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude under pressure
- Other royalty-related duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid Mathematical and Analytical Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Fluent Command of English
- High Level of Professionalism
- Organizational/Prioritization Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Windows
- Willingness to Work Overtime
- Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of royalty audit experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business (or equivalent) strongly preferred