The Director of Digital role is a full-time, salaried position based in Los Angeles CA or Austin TX. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and holidays. Competitive salary, based on experience.
In this role you will be responsible for oversight, management and delivery of the company’s digital audio and video assets and digital retail marketing efforts to drive consumption across a broad range of platforms.
Experience at a distributor, label, streaming service, agency, management company or related digital media company is required and pre-existing relationships with digital partners is a plus. The ideal candidate is passionate about music with an in-depth understanding of indie labels in the digital landscape.
The Director of Digital is meticulously organized, forward-thinking, detail-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage multiple projects in a quickly evolving environment.
- Managing the company’s digital asset ingestion and delivery including assembly of metadata and label copy, ensuring all metadata and assets are compliant with required standards.
- Overseeing delivery of releases to all distribution partners and internal archiving of label’s digital music and video assets.
- Maintaining and updating of all public-facing artist and label digital profiles, executing campaign updates and changes through artist portals such as Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Amazon Music for Artists and Pandora AMP.
- Auditing label representation on digital platforms to ensure catalog exploitation is maximized.
- Resolving data conflicts and inquiries from internal and external partners.
- Designing and implementing creative digital marketing campaigns, streaming and content engagement strategies for all releases with focus on specific requirements for each individual platform.
- Fostering and maintaining strong relationships with partners across all DSP platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube/Google, Amazon, Pandora, Soundcloud, Vevo and others.
- Heavy focus on collaboration with Label and Distribution Teams to deliver high-quality weekly pitches for key digital partners to identify and secure playlists, features, and other promotions & marketing opportunities for upcoming and catalog releases.
- Maintaining comprehensive and insightful project status reports utilizing relevant analytics and tracking results of marketing efforts for dissemination internally and externally.
- Creating and deploying digital assets to maximize and amplify DSP playlist support and assisting in the development of audio and video assets to drive awareness and consumption.
- Advising and collaborating with artists and management on digital strategies to develop and maximize opportunities with DSPs.
- Coordinating with and supporting efforts of Marketing Managers in digital advertising, social/community management, e-commerce and other marketing efforts as directed.
- Seeking out emerging companies across the digital streaming landscape for partnerships, marketing or advertising opportunities while constantly working to discover new platform features, understanding their implications, and sharing insights across the company.
- Detailed knowledge of audio and video metadata standards and rights management processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital media, music streaming landscape and marketing best practices.
- Understanding of workflows related to delivery processes, metadata, and release management.
- Basic graphic, video, and audio editing skills (Photoshop, Final Cut, Premiere Pro, etc).
- Familiarity with social media management, digital advertising and e-commerce platforms.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving and follow-through skills with remarkable organization and attention to detail.
- Strong relationship and customer service skills to liaise with teams internally and externally, management teams, artists, third party partners and vendors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills with the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate data and analytics into actionable strategy and insights.
- Open to learn and be flexible.
- Minimum 3+ years in at a distributor, label, streaming service, agency, management company, or related digital media company.
- Minimum 3+ years in client services, customer service, or partner relationship management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Comfortable with Google Docs, MS Office, Dropbox and Mac-based environment.
- Strong passion for music.
Dangerbird Records is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to an inclusive and equitable working environment.
Send resume to email@example.com