Dangerbird Director of Digital is a full-time, salaried position based in Los Angeles.
In this role, you will oversee the company’s digital infrastructure and drive consumption of label and artist assets across a broad range of platforms.
The ideal candidate is driven, creative and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and cheerfully step up to new challenges in a quickly-evolving landscape.
Experience at a label, streaming service, agency, management or related digital media company is required. Pre-existing relationships with digital partners and an understanding of the creative world across a range of media is a plus. We’re looking for an individual that’s powered by music, loves going to shows, is informed and passionate about new technologies and has a proactive approach to problem-solving with a love for making things happen.
- Managing the company’s digital asset delivery and ingestion. Coordination with manufacturing on release deliverables for all frontline and catalog titles. Directing D2C/ECommerce platform commissioning and strategy.
- Maintaining and updating the company’s public-facing digital properties and profiles, including website, label and artist profiles and distributor dashboards. Overseeing company IT infrastructure.
- Overseeing digital rollout for pre-order launch, digital single and album releases. Planning and implementing strategic and creative digital marketing campaigns, streaming and content engagement strategies for frontline projects and catalog.
- Fostering and managing relationships as the day-to-day label contact for DSPs and strategic partners including iTunes/Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube / Google Play, Amazon, Pandora, Soundcloud, Vevo, Bandcamp, Noisetrade, iHeartMedia, Shazam, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Bandsintown, Songkick etc.
- Ensuring release objectives are clearly defined. Providing ad-hoc and regular DSP consumption reports that analyze performance in accurate and actionable ways. Identify industry trends to shape future campaigns and keep staff informed as best practices evolve.
- Driving streaming metrics for frontline and catalog titles across a broad scope of platforms, with heavy focus on pitching to secure placements on partner curated playlists. Organizing marketing initiatives and managing exclusive content with digital retailers and streaming services. Utilizing relevant analytics and consumer insights to inform creative marketing & commercial decisions. Working closely with artist management & publishing teams to develop and maximize opportunities. Seeking out innovative and emerging companies across the digital streaming landscape for partnerships, marketing or advertising opportunities.
- Assisting in the creation of marketing assets to drive awareness. Coordinating with and supporting efforts of Marketing Managers in digital advertising, social/community management, publicity, manufacturing, A&R plans as appropriate.
- Practical content and digital asset management experience.
- Understanding of digital media, music streaming landscape and marketing best practices.
- Strong grasp of audio and video metadata standards and rights management processes.
- Experience designing, hosting, maintaining and updating websites.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS. Comfortable with Google Docs, MS Office, Creative Suite, Dropbox, web-based and Mac-based programs.
- Familiarity with ECRM, SEO & SEM, YouTube Content ID system experience a plus.
- Basic video and audio editing skills, IT infrastructure experience (server, gSuite, etc) a plus.
- Experience with print production, Vinyl/CD manufacturing or indie record stores a plus
- Familiarity with social media management, digital advertising and ecommerce platforms.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org