Dales Evans is based in Marylebone, in the West End of London, and is a leading music & entertainment specialist firm of accountants, business managers and tax advisors. We currently operate a flexible working environment, subject to team requirements and workload.
Dales Evans is expanding its entertainment & business management teams and is recruiting positions for Junior Bookkeepers and an Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Manager. The successful candidates will become part of a day‐to‐day team for a range of the industry’s most exciting music clients, which the company has grown over the past 25+ years. We provide a full‐service approach to our clients and have teams specialising in personal/corporate tax, VAT, accounting, business management, tour management, recording and music publishing royalties.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Day‐to‐day client bookkeeping & business management, tasks including:
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparing ad‐hoc payroll requests such as P11D’s.
- Payroll submissions from HR and preparing HMRC tax payments.
- Managing sales day books, raising invoices for touring, recording/publishing, royalties, and other business activities.
- Credit Control.
- Preparing monthly management accounts, tour accounting, management commission reports, royalty accounting and cash flow forecasts.
- Year‐end statutory accounts file preparation, and assisting the Accounts team.
- Client currency, balances, and treasury work.
- Preparing bank payment runs and supplier instalment payments.
- Monitoring client household activities, domestic expenses.
- Domestic and International tour management.
Including but not limited to:
- Managing and processing tour payment runs.
- Preparing routing summaries, tour budgets and withholding tax estimations.
- Corresponding with client management/agents/tour staff and raising invoices for performance fees.
- Preparing Budget vs Actual tour accounts, variance analysis, merchandise income review and commissions payable.
- Assisting in preparing UK FEU, and international tax applications for non‐resident performers, and UK performers overseas.
- Review and management of bookkeeping staff.
- Assistant manager would assist managers in this role
- Senior manager forms part of the company’s Senior Management Team
Including but not limited to:
- Manage a varied portfolio of roughly 20‐30 clients from sole traders to large international artists
- Dealing with all day‐to‐day running of the clients’ business management including;
- Reviewing daily payment runs
- Reviewing bookkeeping work
- Reviewing VAT returns
- Reviewing tour accounts (budget vs actual)
- Reviewing royalty analysis
- Reviewing payroll
- Reviewing year end accounts and tax returns
Liaising directly with clients, client management, customers and suppliers
- Completing and reviewing budgets, cashflow projections, management commission reports and management accounts
- Liaise with insurance brokers to place relevant insurances for clients
- Arrange set up of new clients, to include opening business bank accounts
- Ad hoc tax work
- Worldwide tax planning in relation to international touring
- Other ad hoc work that arises
- Managing staff within the team, to include training and performance appraisals
Skills & Qualifications Required
- AAT/ACCA/ACA qualification, or industry experience of 1+ years, appropriate to role
- College or University qualification in business/accountancy, or other relevant
- Previous experience of Xero, or other recognised accounting software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Dales Evans & Co Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages individuals to develop their professional and personal aspirations, irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability. We operate a diverse and inclusive working environment in which individuals are able to make best use of their skills.
Please apply to [email protected]