A vibrant music agency with offices based in West London and LA are looking for a personable, experienced and motivated individual to take on the role of Senior Composer Agent within this expanding company.
COOL Music Ltd represents some of the finest Oscar and Bafta award winning film & TV composers in the U.K & US. As well as acting as composer agents, COOL also contracts musicians for all the recordings through its orchestra, the Chamber Orchestra Of London and releases soundtracks through it’s in-house label Dubois Records.
This is an exciting role in which the Agents are at the heart of the company, working with international producers, directors and composer clients. You will be required to work on your own initiative, with absolute attention to detail, have excellent communication and numeric skills as well as a flexible approach towards work and a great sense of humour.
The ideal candidate must have several year’s experience working within the film, TV, commercials or music industry, preferably with an in-depth knowledge of SVOD’s, film and TV production companies and studios, producers and directors. The candidate will need to have strong salesmanship and negotiating skills and be able to handle legal contracts and publishing deals between production companies and our clients. A passion and knowledge of music is also important.
The role is highly varied but will involve:
- Working with the other London based agents as well as partners in the US.
- Pitching clients and their music to producers/production companies.
- Negotiating fees, dealing with legal contracts, as well as publishing and soundtrack deals for release through the in-house record label and external labels.
- Co-ordinating projects with the LA office and our partners in the US.
- Working with producers, directors and composer clients.
- Managing budgets.
- Liaising with the Musicians Contractor and studios.
- Manage applications for international awards (Emmy, BAFTA, Ivor Novello Awards etc.)
- Representing the company at live recording sessions, screenings, networking events.
- Using content management systems to update websites.
- Be in charge of showreels across the web site and for specific pitches to producers.
Key Skills/ Person Specification:
- At least 10 years experience working within the industry.
- Business minded but friendly and approachable.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team.
- Strong network of contacts within the industry (Directors, Music Supervisors, Record Labels, Publishers)
- Attention to nuance and detail is vital.
- Working knowledge of content management systems to proactively maintain and update websites.
- Technical knowledge on supporting delivery of show reels through the company’s FTP site.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- A high level of administrative and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good telephone manner – it is vital that you maintain a friendly and positive working relationship with clients.
- A genuine passion for music.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com