COOL Music Ltd represents some of the finest Oscar, Emmy and Ivor Novello award winning film & TV composers.
As well as acting as composer agents, COOL also contracts musicians for all the recordings through its orchestra, the Chamber Orchestra of London and acts as a UK sub-publisher to Du Vinage Publishing Ltd. COOL works with many European and US composer clients on international films, high-end TV dramas, games and commercials and releases soundtracks through Dubois Records.
This is an exciting role in which you will be at the heart of the company, working with international clients, recording studios and production companies as well as maintaining and developing efficient office systems. The office is based on the vibrant Chiswick High Road in West London.
You will be required to work on your own initiative, with absolute attention to detail, have excellent communication and numerical skills as well as a flexible approach towards work and a great sense of humour.
The ability to work with numbers across complex budgets is critical to this role.
- To liaise with production companies on contracts and generate invoices for composer and musicians’ fees. Record and if necessary chase payment of fees.
- Assist the musicians’ contractor and composer agents on all film and television projects, generating invoices, creating spreadsheets and maintaining financial records. Some personal and travel management duties may be required from the Director.
- Manage multiple budgets across a variety of projects. Make and record accurate payment of general expenses/supplier invoices, and generate self-billing invoices, making accurate payments to clients using the online banking system.
- Use Sage 50 software to accurately keep company accounts and for bank reconciliation.
- Maintain and update various project databases.
- Maintain the office computer/telephone systems/websites and office supplies, answer all general calls and emails and assist with general office duties to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Obtain all music cue sheets from the composer and post-production supervisor and ensure these are accurate for royalty collection. Forward these to the publishing manager, based in LA
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an office environment
- Experience of working accurately to deadlines with good attention to detail
- Budget management/ finance
- Project management
- Experience working with composers/ musicians
Skills/ Abilities/ Knowledge
- Excellent numerical and financial skills.
- Able to use a variety of software packages: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Sage. Knowledge of Sage 50 is preferred.
- A high level of organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to work on own initiative and take the lead on projects and tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Media Industry (Film/ TV)
- Understanding of music publishing
- Great sense of integrity and humour.
- Good telephone manner – it is vital that you maintain a friendly and positive working relationship with clients.
- A hard working, dedicated attitude and flexible approach to work.
- Interest in / knowledge of the music and/or production industries.