Cooking Vinyl is looking for a Metadata Co-ordinator to support the Product & Marketing and Business Affairs departments
Candidates should have full understanding of metadata in the context of the music industry with meticulous attention to detail as well as experience with content management systems.
- Working with the Product and Marketing UK and International teams as well as the Business Affairs department to source, maintain and deliver compliant metadata for the Cooking Vinyl label
- Liaising with managers and artists to obtain all metadata in conjunction with DSP, publishing and neighbouring rights requirements
- Processing metadata amendments and corrections where necessary and answering queries
- Issuing takedowns on catalogue titles where rights period has expired
- Updating and maintaining Cooking Vinyl’s catalogue database
- Registration of the catalogue with the relevant collection societies
- Applying for licences for releases in the US and Canada
- Additionally, this role will train (if necessary) the applicant for the delivery of digital products to distribution partners
- Assisting other areas of the record label, where necessary
- Full understanding and experience of dealing with and delivering compliant metadata within the music industry
- Understanding of digital audio files and digital video specification requirements
- Highly organised and proactive individual
- Music lover
- Working to strict deadlines to ensure deadlines are met to required release dates
- Highly responsible and important role requiring a high level of autonomy and personal accountability for achieving shared and individual goals
Cooking Vinyl is a pioneering artist services company and record label which has been successful for over 30 years. The label is home to an eclectic mix of acclaimed artists, the company’s record division roster currently includes: Billy Bragg, Passenger, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Will Young, Nina Nesbitt, Fickle Friends, Saint Raymond, Lissie, The Darkness, BABYMETAL, Fantastic Negrito, The Waterboys, Amanda Palmer, Suzanne Vega, Lewis Watson, 47 Soul, Alison Moyet, Deap Vally and The Fratellis, amongst many others.
Cooking Vinyl is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and comfortable work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, medical condition, religion or any other status protected by law.
If this opportunity excites you and you believe you have the skills, drive and ambition we are looking for, please send a short covering letter along with a copy of your resume to: [email protected]
Location: Currently working remotely. Ordinarily, we work from our office in West London
Salary: Competitive but dependent on experience
Applications to be sent to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 30th July 2021