Cooking Vinyl is looking for a new Production Manager to manage its busy UK and International physical manufacturing and digital delivery requirements.
Candidates should have a full understanding of the role with ideally a minimum of one years’ experience within a record label, distributor, manufacturer or DSP. We are looking for a confident and proactive self starter with meticulous attention to detail as well as experience with content management systems and distributer delivery platforms.
The position involves but is not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the manufacture and digital distribution of all Cooking Vinyl repertoire
- Working to strict production schedules for UK and international releases
- Booking mastering sessions; ordering the appropriate production masters and delivery to manufacturing plants.
- Liaising with product and marketing managers, UK distributer, international managers, brokers and artist managers ensuring all teams are aware of parts deadlines.
- Approving and proofing artwork files, wet proofs, test pressings, test dvds, test blu rays in consultation with management/artist
- Design and manufacture of promo CDs
- Overseeing the shipping and logistics of finished stock, ensuring it gets booked into warehouses on schedule.
- Obtaining competitive quotes on packaging concepts and merchandise items; sourcing bespoke specs and working with product managers to develop creative packaging.
- Ownership and development of Cooking Vinyl’s content management system
- Ensuring all repertoire is correctly registered with neighbouring rights societies
- Responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of production: obtaining quotes; raising purchase orders, approving invoices and handling any disputes when necessary; liaising with the accounts department
- Briefing designers; ensuring all design work is done to specification; checking and approving artwork and managing the process through to the final product
- Maintaining and updating the Cooking Vinyl catalogue database / generating catalogue numbers, UPCs and ISRCs
- Ownership of Cooking Vinyl’s Bandcamp account.
- Compiling all the necessary credits, assets and performer information in accordance with DSP, publishing and neighbouring rights requirements.
- Developing a relationship with manufacturing brokers and working with them to get the most competitive price and best service and delivery deadlines
- Archiving all physical and digital assets
- Gathering orders from UK and international territories; ordering of all stock and parts; overseeing replication, fulfilment and delivery of product
- Ensuring international licensees are supplied with parts for local manufacture (audio and artwork masters, printed parts etc.) and approving artwork amendments
- Maintaining and sending out the weekly Cooking Vinyl Release Schedule
- Assisting other areas of the Product & Marketing team where necessary
- Attending gigs and industry events on behalf of Cooking Vinyl as and when required
Cooking Vinyl is a pioneering artist services company and record label which has been successful for over 30 years. The label is home to an eclectic mix of acclaimed artists, the company’s record division roster currently includes: Billy Bragg, Passenger, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Will Young, Nina Nesbitt, Fickle Friends, Saint Raymond, Lissie, The Darkness, BABYMETAL, Lucy Spraggan, Fantastic Negrito, The Waterboys, Amanda Palmer, Suzanne Vega, Lewis Watson, Alison Moyet, Deap Vally, The Fratelli’s, amongst many others.
If this opportunity excites you and you believe you have the skills, drive and ambition we are looking for, please send a short covering letter along with a copy of your resume to: email@example.com by 14th December 2020.
Cooking Vinyl is committed to equal opportunities and inclusivity, so we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. We’re especially keen to hear from people from Black, Asian and other diverse communities who are currently under-represented.
Location: Currently working remotely. Ordinarily, we work from our office in West London
Salary: Competitive but dependent on experience