Cooking Vinyl is looking for a Production Assistant to join one of the world’s best established indie record companies.
It’s our job to make the music from our amazing artists available to their fans however they want to consume it and ensure that they receive every penny they are due.
Working with the Product & Marketing, International and Business Affairs departments you’ll be responsible for helping ensure that our new releases are up on digital platforms, available in record shops and set up in all our internal systems. If that sounds like you then please read on and get in touch.
Candidates should have a good interest in or understanding of the physical manufacturing process as well as metadata in the context of the music industry with meticulous attention to detail as well as experience with content management systems. Experience in delivering digital assets to distributors and masters, artwork, orders, spec and delivery info for physical manufacturing is also preferred but not essential
- Working with the Production, Product and Marketing UK and International teams as well as the Business Affairs department to assist in metadata, digital deliveries and physical production
- Liaising with managers and artists to obtain all metadata in conjunction with DSP, publishing and neighbouring rights requirements and masters and artwork for physical releases
- Liaising with our sales team and product managers to collate order information, manufacturing specs and delivery details for physical releases
- Liaising with mastering houses and designers
- Processing metadata amendments and corrections where necessary and answering queries
- Issuing takedowns on catalogue titles where rights period has expired
- Updating and maintaining Cooking Vinyl’s catalogue database
- Registration of the catalogue with the relevant collection societies
- Applying for licences for releases in the US and Canada
- Delivering audio and artwork assets to distribution partners and suppliers where necessary
- Assisting other areas of the record label, where necessary
- Highly organised and proactive individual
- Music lover
- Full understanding and experience of dealing with and delivering compliant metadata within the music industry
- Understanding of digital audio files and digital video specification requirements
- Experience of the physical manufacturing process
- Working to strict deadlines to ensure required release dates are met
- Highly responsible and important role requiring a high level of autonomy and personal accountability for achieving shared and individual goals
Cooking Vinyl is a pioneering artist services company and record label which has been successful for over 30 years. The label is home to an eclectic mix of acclaimed artists, the company’s record division roster currently includes: Billy Bragg, Passenger, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Will Young, Nina Nesbitt, Fickle Friends, Saint Raymond, Lissie, The Darkness, BABYMETAL, Fantastic Negrito, The Waterboys, Amanda Palmer, Suzanne Vega, Lewis Watson, 47 Soul, Alison Moyet, Deap Vally and The Fratellis, amongst many others. The company is very sociable and the successful candidate will be invited to numerous concerts and company social get togethers.
Cooking Vinyl is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and comfortable work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, medical condition, religion or any other status protected by law.
If this opportunity excites you and you believe you have the skills, drive and ambition we are looking for, please send a short covering letter along with a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Currently working remotely whilst we consider London-based office management spaces
Salary: Competitive but dependent on experience
Applications to be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28th Feb 2022