Cooking Vinyl is looking for a Product and Marketing Assistant to join our London office.
Working closely to assist the company’s Product & Marketing Managers as well as the Production Manager to effectively plan releases and implement project roll-out plans, meeting all necessary deadlines
The candidate will need to have at least 1 year’s music business experience for this role, a keen interest in artist marketing campaigns, excellent organizational skills and be comfortable working on multiple tight deadlines.
The role covers a wide variety of tasks as key support to the Marketing and Production department with the co-ordination of all releases as well as scope to progress to Junior Product Manager level working on specific campaigns.
Tasks will include:
- Working closely with the company’s Product Managers to effectively plan releases and implement project roll-out plans
- Saving, coordination & distribution of all assets: videos, audio, photos, press releases, press cuttings, reports and bios etc
- Ownership and responsibility for the delivery of video assets to spec and on deadline along with weekly updating of video release schedule
- Uploading assets and sending out advance watermarked audio streams of pre-release music securely to media contacts
- Organizing internal and external team meetings, taking and writing up of meeting notes with key action points
- Updating and circulating weekly marketing reports
- Coordinating promotional orders for stock & arranging tour stock
- Compiling and managing guest lists and ticket buy information for gigs
- Copy checking artwork, spell checking lyrics, PR’s, assist in creating cat number/barcodes/isrc numbers and other production roles when required
- Organizing travel and accommodation for artist promotional tours, compiling a promo itinerary, booking of photo studios, rehearsal or showcase venues and equipment hire when required
- Raising Purchase orders
- Compiling sales stats, submission of award submissions, organizing company events and other miscellaneous tasks
- Attending promo activities and gigs on behalf of Cooking Vinyl as and when required
Cooking Vinyl is a pioneering artist services company and record label which has been successful for over 30 years.
Since being founded in 1986, it has partnered with many of the greats of British music and beyond, including The Prodigy, Billy Bragg, Marilyn Manson, Röyksopp, Madness, Alison Moyet, The Darkness, Turin Brakes, Gary Numan, Amanda Palmer, Goldie, Seth Lakeman, Suzanne Vega, The Cult, Lissie, Passenger and Richard Ashcroft.
Cooking Vinyl’s recent additions include Nina Nesbitt, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Lewis Watson, Saint Raymond, Fantastic Negrito and Lucy Spraggan.
If this opportunity sounds like it fits your skill set and you believe you have the drive and ambition we need, send a short covering letter along with a copy of your resume to: email@example.com with the job title in the email header by November 28 2018
Cooking Vinyl is an equal opportunities employer.