The Cooking Vinyl group of companies is looking for a Head of Legal to join its Legal & Business Affairs team.
The CV group comprises a record label, publishing company and distribution company and the Legal & Business Affairs department provides services to all three divisions.
Reporting to the Director of Business Affairs, the Head of Legal will be responsible for dealing with the day to day legal requirements of the group.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on agreements (both short and long form) with artists and songwriters including side letters, extensions, amendments and variations where required.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of third party agreements including those with producers, mixers, featured artists, video producers, photographers and artists.
- Supporting the Sync Department by drafting, negotiating and advising on synchronisation, compilation and album licences, as well as third party agency agreements.
- Protecting the interests of Cooking Vinyl and its artists/songwriters by resolving disputes including those relating to copyright infringement and neighbouring rights/public performance.
- Analysing inward and outward royalty statements and assisting in the resolution of royalty/finance queries.
- Managing the Legal & Business Affairs Assistant to ensure efficient departmental record keeping and administration including the maintenance of databases, producing and circulation of contract summaries and streamlining of internal processes.
- Undertaking legal research as and when required.
- Providing ad hoc support to all Cooking Vinyl departments as well as external stakeholders including artists, writers and managers.
- Being aware of relevant legal, regulatory and industry trends and developments.
- 3-5 years PQE, preferably with relevant experience in a music/entertainment private practice law firm and/or in-house role within a record company, publisher or similar.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Good with people.
- An interest in new technology and its impact on the music business.
- Music fan.
Established in 1986, Cooking Vinyl has developed a reputation as an internationally successful, independent music company focused on its artists and songwriters.
Cooking Vinyl is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and comfortable work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, medical condition, religion or any other status protected by law.
The Company’s offices are in Camden but staff are able to work from home at their discretion.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 12th August 2022.
Please state your name & “Head of Legal application” in the subject line.