Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Manager/Supervisor
Founded in 2004, Constant Artists (“CA”) is a creative artist management company based in Los Angeles specializing in the intersection of art, music, and culture. We currently represent Future Islands, Sudan Archives, Explosions in the Sky, Parra, Washed Out, Vagabon and Wolf Parade.
We provide exclusive worldwide management and consulting services to an established roster of musicians, visual artists, producers and composers, and we pride ourselves on working with the most talented artists in their respective fields.
The General Manager position is focused on running the business of Constant. Our Founder / CEO runs all things client-facing, and the GM runs the rest – B2B, administration, staff and company wide strategic projects, performance tracking – in collaboration with the CEO.
This role will be responsible for executing, or overseeing the execution of, our finance, operations, marketing, human resources, and IT functions of the business.
The ideal candidate has experience running a small to mid-sized company, is a tech-savvy creative problem solver who possesses shrewd attention to detail, and is someone who understands the evolving landscape of the broadly defined modern entertainment industry.
This position is typically based in Los Angeles, but due to our current remote work set up, applicants based in North America, or applicants able to work during North American business hours may apply.
To Be Considered, You Must
- Be fully committed to being an enthusiastic, active member of a busy team
Be willing to drive forward the vision for Constant and the success of its clients
- Have a deep personal and professional network spanning multiple industries
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Have a genuine interest in, and a strong understanding of, our roster and the potential for our clients
- Really want this. There aren’t many of these roles available, and we’re looking for someone who wants to be a high contributing, long term member of our team
Position Requirements, Preferences, and Details
The area of responsibility for this role is broad and thus requires thorough knowledge of many company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan different kinds of operational activities, prepare professional presentations, and be an excellent leader that will constantly be seeking the most efficient ways to run our business. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role (preferably as Managing Director, Chief of Staff, Director of Operations or other relevant role)
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience designing and implementing:
- Business strategies, plans and procedures
- Data collection strategies and goal identification for performance and growth
- Performance evaluation frameworks
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics and common associated tools
- Familiarity with a wide range of business software (e.g. Google Suite, MS Office, CRM, KPI tracking, HR platforms, accounting software)
- Familiarity with, or interest in learning, basic scripting / automation and / or low / no-code tools
- An ability to report to and inform senior management efficiently, presenting all necessary information needed to spur decision making
- Negotiation and mediation skills: finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently
- Interest in growing the company by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and mentoring new talent
- Proficiency at defining and implementing policies and performance standards. Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently and always be searching for ways to become more efficient
- A drive to stay up to date with current marketing, advertising and lifestyle trends
- Hands-on experience working with a diverse set of clients at varying levels (and / or working with brands/clients in various fields)
- A genuine desire to learn and stay learning
- Ability to manage relationships with a high volume of partners/vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in Business Administration or a related Business or Organizational field)
[ Author’s note: If you know your resume or your experience lacks one or more of the requirements or preferences above, get out in front of it, and explain in your cover letter (we know – also very 90’s – but you’d be surprised how helpful (for us) writing samples can be). We do read all of them, and it’s usually clear who wants a job (period), and who wants this job. We’re looking for the latter.]
Applicants Who Do Not Provide The Following Materials Will Not Be Considered
- One page cover letter explaining your interest in this specific position
- One page resume
- One page of references with contact information (no “references upon request” please – consider your references requested)
- Your salary requirements
All applications must be made via this application page. Feel free to ping a staffer if you know one (initiative!) and ask them to push you to the top of the pile, but make sure that’s happening in addition to your application being submitted here, or the HR robot we’re leasing to conduct this search won’t let you pass.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applicants we receive with every job posting, we aren’t able to respond to every application. We don’t have a set hiring cut off for this position, as we’re looking for the best available applicant(s), so the position is open until it’s not.
Thanks very much for your interest in this position, and we look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants.