Constant Artists Overview
Founded in 2004, Constant Artists (“CA”) is a creative artist management company based in Los Angeles specializing in the intersection of art, music, and culture. We currently represent Future Islands, Sudan Archives, Explosions in the Sky, Parra, Washed Out, and Vagabon.
We provide exclusive worldwide management and consulting services to an established roster of musicians, visual artists, producers and composers, and we pride ourselves on working with the most talented artists in their respective fields.
The Day-to-Day Manager (“D2D”) position is a client-facing project management position, working directly with our clients across recorded music, publishing, touring, merchandising, and more. It inherently demands a working understanding of a broad range of topics in the business, and we’re looking for someone to hit the ground running. Experienced applicants only, please.
The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy creative problem solver who possesses a keen attention to detail, understands the evolving landscapes of popular and niche cultures, and has a natural inclination towards using new technologies. As this is a role that requires direct experience in our field, your personal network is important.
Though we are currently a mostly remote office, being Los Angeles based is a requirement for this position.
To Be Considered, At the Very Minimum, You Must
- Be fully committed to being an enthusiastic, active member of a small and busy team
- Be willing to drive forward the vision for Constant and the success of it’s clients
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Have a genuine interest in, and a strong understanding of, our roster and the potential for our clients
- Really want this. There aren’t many of these roles available, and we’re looking for someone who wants to be a high contributing, long term member of our team
Position Requirements, Preferences and Details
- 3+ years in a full-time position that has utilized the skills referenced above, in a directly applicable position. This means having been a D2D or manager, a tour manager, or an A&R or product manager at a label. You won’t have the luxury of learning how to perform this job as you go **
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication and people skills, with artists, vendors, and partners
- Personal initiative and a proactive, problem-solving mindset
- Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently and always be searching for ways to become more efficient
- Track record of supporting multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- Negotiation and mediation skills: finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently
- An ability to report to and inform senior management efficiently, presenting all necessary information needed to spur decision making
- Seeking someone who is always thinking one-step ahead and can handle a full slate of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Hands on Leadership and Execution Across the Following Elements (Not Limited To)
- Day-to-day calendar management – planning and booking
- Management of tour logistics – creation of itineraries and oversight of transportation / travel / accommodation / onboarding crew and communications
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation
- Coordination and representation – attendance across promo schedules and associated logistics
- Photo / video shoot coordination – attendance and support
- Social media / digital platforms – proficiency and insight
- Creative and strategic engagement on artist release campaigns and live shows – with the basic capability to translate concepts and create deck
The ideal candidate is a genuine fan of the artists we work with, and is equal parts tireless, patient, efficient, and excited about the future of the arts. If that’s you, do tell.
The music industry is an ever-evolving landscape and we are seeking an individual that has practical hands-on experience of artist management, existing contacts and is open to change as well as practical problem solving.
[Author’s Note: If you know your resume or your experience lacks one or more of the requirements or preferences above, get out in front of it, and explain in your cover letter (we know – very 90’s – but you’d be surprised how helpful writing samples can be for us). We do read all of them, and it’s usually clear who wants a job (period), and who wants this job. We’re looking for the latter.]
Applicants Who Do Not Provide The Following Materials Will Not Be Considered
- One page cover letter explaining your interest in this specific position
- One page resume (if it’s longer than one page, please edit)
- One page of references with contact information (no “references upon request” please – consider your references requested)
- Your salary requirements
- All applications must be made via this application page. Feel free to ping a staffer if you know one (initiative!) and ask them to push you to the top of the pile, but make sure that’s happening in addition to your application being submitted here, or the HR robot we’re leasing to conduct this search won’t let you pass.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applicants we receive with every job posting, we aren’t able to respond to every application. We don’t have a set hiring cut off for this position, as we’re looking for the best available applicant(s), so the position is open until it’s not.
Thanks very much for your interest in this position, and we look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants.