Consolidated Independent (CI) is the market leader in managed services for the digital music industry, connecting the best independent music with the opportunities of the global market.
As part of The state51 Music Group, CI uses our in-house platform to store, process, and manage digital music products: audio, video, graphics and metadata assets, and the rights and business rules that govern how these are used.
CI works with some of the biggest, most innovative and respected independent companies in the music industry. We operate across the globe with offices in London, New York, Vilnius, Bogota, and Da Nang.
We’re looking for someone to join our London support team, working across client support, technical account management, and operations. The role additionally includes HD video quality review and associated client technical support.
This role would suit someone wishing to start a career in the digital music industry, and has has scope to broaden over the long term, touching on customer acquisition and retention, support, training and technical account management. You’ll be working as part of a support team spread around the world.
The position is a general client support role, yet we’re ideally seeking someone who has some knowledge of and experience with digital video encoding, editing and/or broadcast.
This is a great opportunity within independent music and supply chain suited to a diligent, methodical and hard working individual with a desire to learn and contribute.
- Assisting CI clients with their digital asset management
- Training new clients
- Liaising with digital services to troubleshoot issues
- Reporting to the development team to effectively flag issues
- Operating CI’s video quality-checking process (for clarity this is not a video editing role, it is purely video QC)
- Providing technical advice on video encoding to CI’s clients
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Interest in music
- Approachable and helpful manner
- Confident in operation of general office software (email clients, browsers, MS Office, Google Docs etc), and aptitude for learning new software
- Ability to read, understand and follow operational procedures precisely
- General attention to detail
- Logical, systematic thinking
- Detailed knowledge of the technical aspects of digital video, and a wide range of video codecs and file formats
- Familiarity with established standards bodies and specifications of the digital video industry
- Work experience in a video editing/post-production environment, and/or a qualification related to digital video
Dependent on experience
On site. Shoreditch, East London
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 16th, 2018