Role – Artist Marketing Lead
Department – Sales & Marketing
This position will be located in Memphis. This is a central position which requires working from the office location.
We are seeking a talented Artist Marketing Lead to support marketing efforts for Connect Music clients. This position oversees all aspects of artist marketing for assigned artists, including managing the planning, development, and execution of innovative marketing strategies to launch new music releases.
- Join a rapidly growing music distribution company to help craft and guide marketing plans for a roster of artists
- Lead planning for all assigned new releases while acting as the central point of contact between the company, the client, and the client’s management team
- Manage reporting, marketing budgets, and analytics to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and make informed recommendations
- Develop project budgets in conjunction with the management team, managing spend and ensuring fiscal responsibility
- Work with all departments in meeting deadlines and ensure operational efficiency throughout the initial stage of the release lifecycle
- Develop and execute creative imaging for marketing campaigns in conjunction with vendors and Connect music’s social team
- Select and approve visual imagery and creative direction of marketing tools while also overseeing the timely production of promotional assets
- Communicate with artist management/artist regularly to convey overall digital strategy and present opportunities as they arise
- Support Label Services department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs
- Help with the planning and execution of artist showcases/listening parties/events for tastemakers and industry personnel
- Partner with the Head of Marketing to nurture existing relationships and continually develop new relationships with key retail and industry partners and work with them on marketing activities to create opportunities for artists
- Cultivate and maintain new relationships with prospective and existing corporate & external brand partners
- Work with internal teams to ensure priority artists are represented across Connect’s brand awareness campaigns and asset
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Connect Music to create new opportunities for priority artist
- 6+ years of strategic marketing experience at a music company or an entertainment-focused agency
- Comprehensive knowledge of the music streaming landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms
- A proactive communicator who can efficiently run cross-departmental projects with multiple stakeholders and maintain project timelines and deliverables
- Must be experienced and skilled at acting as a liaison between the artists/artist management and the company using tact, persuasion, communication, and trust
- A team player that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help out the team
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills
Wide network of existing relationships across the music industry, DSPs, blogs/media, and social platforms.
ABOUT CONNECT MUSIC
Connect Music is a music monetization company that provides distribution and publishing administration services. Within the Connect model, artists retain 100% ownership of their IP and participate in a revenue share instead of an annual flat rate.
We are incentivized to partner with our clients to maximize exposure and consumption of their music. If they don’t earn, neither do we.