CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND ACQUISITION OF SOUND RECORDINGS, MUSIC PUBLISHING AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS, REPRESENTING NEARLY 900,000 SONGS, COMPOSED WORKS, PLAYS, MUSICALS AND ACTIVE RECORDINGS.
Headquartered in Nashville with additional offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Miami and staff in Toronto, Tokyo and Melbourne, Concord’s repertoire is licensed in virtually every country and territory worldwide.
As Vice President or SVP, Digital Marketing in the Concord Recorded Music services area, you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of various artist, label and project branded Digital Marketing campaigns. This position oversees the following areas of the marketing mix for all Concord Recorded Music and includes oversight of the following teams: Social Media Marketing, YouTube, and Fan Engagement/Advertising. You will work with various departments in the company to ideate, execute, and maximize the visibility and awareness of all our projects.
You will be responsible for finding creative and innovative ways to engage with our artists, managers and our lifeblood, THE FANS! You will also work with B2B partners to engage fans on all aspects of marketing from niche to mass appeal audiences. Your overarching goal will always be to drive exposure around our exciting roster of talent. You will have the opportunity to be a part of one of the most innovative and successful music companies in the world. Above all, we strive to exemplify Concord’s core values; to celebrate artistry, act with integrity, empower our community, and create opportunity.
What you’ll do:
You will manage all aspects of artists’ digital marketing strategy working with label partners from concept to evolution: We take an “always on” artist cycle approach so “concept to completion” doesn’t apply. We take a “career building” view to marketing our artists so our strategic approach is ever evolving and responding to “real time” information. With that in mind…
- You will oversee a team of 3 – 5 people with areas of specialty in CRM/fan engagement and direct digital ad buying, YouTube Marketing, Social Media/Influencer Marketing, and Short Form Content Creation.
- You and your team will implement comprehensive digital marketing initiatives for each project with a focus on audience engagement and growth
- You will formulate budgets with core team members/departments, department head, finance, and top executives and allocate project dollars accordingly
- You will cultivate and maintain new relationships with prospective and existing corporate & external brand partners
- You will develop ideas to maximize exposure for each artist through performances, special appearances, promotions, grassroots and social media marketing, as well as paid advertising campaigns
- You will work with in house and third-party teams to lead the advertising and paid media strategy working in collaboration with all partners to measure performance of every advertising campaigns
- You will ensure campaigns have cohesive paid and social media strategies to drive fan engagement goals and you will drive coordination of both in house and outside agencies to ensure efficient and impactful results
- You will stay up to date on all digital marketing and social media trends
- You will work with the design team, labels, managers, and/or third-party creatives to develop the artist branding and assist in the ideation of content for all aspects of the creative campaign with direct oversight of social media content strategies
- You will provide guidance and mentorship with the department managers and coordinators
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing/Brand Management/Advertising. 3 years preferably in the music or entertainment industry.
- Experience in developing, creating, and implementing Marketing Digital Marketing and Advertising plans
- Passion for managing projects that require input from multiple departments, with the ability to coordinate these joint efforts for the benefit of the labels and the artists/artist teams.
- Experience in demonstrating excellent planning, negotiation, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced business environment.
- Must be able to understand consumer demographics as they relate to each artist, label, and project.
- Experience in measuring efficacy of social media functions/platforms and strong familiarity with current trends/campaigns
- Experience working with TikTok, YouTube & YouTube Shorts, Instagram, Snapchat
- Understanding of advertising strategy and ability to measure efficiency and engagement results around advertising campaigns
- Open to developing new and innovative ways to incorporate a fan engagement and experience into your digital Marketing plans
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with labels, third parties, and other partners/stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A creative “team first” leadership style that is complemented by excellent organizational skills and ability to strategically plan in fast pace/high volume project environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Knowledge and understanding of YouTube Analytics + optimization
- Understanding of music streaming and radio promotion
- Experience working with mobile gaming platforms like Roblox and/or Twitch
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Business, Marketing, and/or Communications preferred
- Basic knowledge of FTP/HTML services and web-based programs
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.