Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, acquisition, and management of recorded music, music publishing, and theatrical performance rights.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin, and Miami, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history. The position will be based in the Concord Nashville office. Local candidates to be considered.
The Vice President, Worldwide Licensing Operations will play an integral role in overseeing the worldwide staff responsible for approvals, quoting, negotiating and drafting licenses, invoicing and income tracking across Concord’s publishing and master catalog for all types of media, including advertising, film, television, trailers and promos, video games, new media and samples.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities:
- Provide leadership to the licensing staff, ensuring timely response to inquiries and requests, follow-up, tracking and database maintenance.
- Generate income reporting and analysis for senior management.
- Define and monitor departmental KPI’s.
- Liaise with the Publishing and Recorded Music Synchronization department heads, ensuring their needs are met.
- Optimize software systems, departmental responsibilities and reporting structure for maximum efficiency.
- Identify operational deficiencies and implement policies and process to correct
- When needed, quote, negotiate and draft licenses.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in entertainment licensing or business affairs.
- Knowledge of current industry standards, language and provisions related to publishing and master synchronization agreements, sampling and interpolation, unions such as SAG-AFTRA, AFM, new media including podcasts, live streaming, apps, mobile, in stadium, industrial, social media, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- A strong leader with a proven track record of leading a licensing department.
- Self-starter who is capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strategic thinker with deadline-oriented mindset
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office suite, iMaestro, Record Maestro and FileMaker Pro a plus.
- Able to exercise discretion and safeguard highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information.
- Manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Establish critical external alliances with counterparts in other companies
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Stay current on business issues, industry trends and technological advances