Concord is looking to employ a full time UK Licensing Coordinator reporting to Director of Licensing Operations (UK) in our London office working across our publishing and recorded music catalogues.
Company and Department Overview
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin and Miami.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 390,000 copyrighted works spanning all musical genres and including many of the world’s most celebrated compositions by its most legendary creators. Concord Music Publishing is also home to a diverse group of contemporary songwriters and composers creating important and commercially-successful new songs and musical works. Boosey & Hawkes, the world’s leading classical music publisher, and The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization are also business units of Concord Music Publishing.
Concord Recorded Music
Concord Recorded Music is comprised of five active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP.
The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord’s master recording portfolio contains more than 12,000 active albums and includes no less than 273 GRAMMY® winners (representing approximately 6.2% of all the GRAMMYs® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles.
The UK Licensing team is a vital part of Concord, working alongside the publishing and recorded music sync teams and our global network of sub-publishers to ensure we grasp all synchronization opportunities for writers, artists and various catalogues.
Primarily handling licensing requests for TV, film and online uses, the position requires someone with a high degree of organisational skill and a keen eye for details, with an understanding of the intricacies of licensing both published works and master recordings.
The candidate must be comfortable dealing with clients, song-writers, artists and their managers on a daily basis, and will be adept at both quoting and issuing paperwork for all manner of syncs. The position will also require someone who is able to efficiently log, track and produce reports on the licensing activity from the UK team and sub-publishers.
We seek a highly motivated team player, who is passionate about music and able to perform their duties quickly and efficiently. The post will be full time in a lively, friendly and fast-paced environment based in our central London office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the UK Licensing Coordinator
- Deal with licence requests from clients – quoting on and negotiating fees and terms for projects across all media, and seeking approvals from song-writers/managers
- Manage relationships with key clients – music supervisors, production companies, broadcasters, clearance companies
- Liaise with co-publishers and record companies where necessary
- Help inexperienced clients through the process of licensing
- Respond to copyright queries from clients
- Produce paperwork for licences
- Monitor return of signed licences and file as necessary
- Monitor payment of invoices and chase as necessary
- Log, track and report licensing activity
- Liaise with Director of Licensing Operations, Licensing Manager and Business Affairs department about queries on licences
This is not an exhaustive list of all activities worked on but is a guide to the individual’s responsibilities.
Skills and Attributes
- 2+ years in music industry
- Excellent communicator, good organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to be personable, tactful and sensitive to requirements of confidentiality and when dealing with customers and clients on the telephone and in written correspondence (letters, emails etc).
- Self-directed, pro-active and a flexible, willing team member, performing all duties to a high standard
- Knowledge of Vistex Music Maestro or i-Maestro systems would be particularly relevant, although training will be given.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficiency and ability to work at speed, while also being thorough and methodical
- Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to think laterally and anticipate problems before they arise
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Health insurance
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Competitive pension scheme
- Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 15 November 2019