CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND ACQUISITION OF SOUND RECORDINGS, MUSIC PUBLISHING AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS, REPRESENTING NEARLY 900,000 SONGS, COMPOSED WORKS, PLAYS, MUSICALS AND ACTIVE RECORDINGS.
Headquartered in Nashville with additional offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Miami and staff in Toronto, Tokyo and Melbourne, Concord’s repertoire is licensed in virtually every country and territory worldwide.
Concord Recorded Music UK is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to join their London team as Sync Marketing Coordinator. Concord Recorded Music is comprised of six active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Easy Eye Sound, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP. Concord Recorded Music UK are responsible for building the brands of Concord’s labels and catalogue within the UK market, alongside our label and distribution partners, maximising sales potential and career development within the UK for Concord Artists and catalogue.
As the Sync Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting the Concord Recorded Music UK Sync team in its day-to-day operation. The role reports into the Senior Director, Sync Marketing – Recorded Music, working closely with the whole UK team and the wider global Recorded Music sync team.
What you’ll do:
- Marketing – prepare and deliver marketing materials for the UK sync team for the purpose of mailouts, events and presentations
- Creation and mailing of departmental and artist/label updates through Mailchimp, including project highlights, events, awards and new releases
- Creation of Powerpoint/Keynote documents for presentation to clients
- Contribute and strategise new ideas in which to market the Company and our artists/labels to clients
- Maintain sync department social media and other accounts
- Contacts/Event Management – help to maintain the department’s vital list of client contact information for digital music distribution, as well as handling show invites and RSVPs for all artist shows in the European market
- Responsible for ensuring client contact information is up to date
- Responsible for all guestlists in all territories where the department has clients
- Reports – use internal pitching and analytical platforms to assist with trend analysis and the completion of scheduled reports
- Liaise with the licensing department to collate scheduled reports on quoted and confirmed
- Utilise DISCO to analyse department pitching efforts
- Analysis of impact of sync placements
- Analysis of current trends in the music industry and other industries serviced by the sync department
- Create weekly sync highlight reports
- Licensing Support – track active projects and ensure all licensing resources are up to date
- Assist the Senior Director with tracking and monitoring active projects
- Track airdates of all placements and communicate with artists/labels
- Ensure the registration of copyrights at relevant Performance Rights Organisations (PROs)
- Departmental Support – organisational functions and responsibilities to support the Senior Director, Sync Marketing
- Work cooperatively with the other employees at the Company as well as outside companies
- Anticipate the needs and unspecified tasks that may be needed to enhance the work by the Senior Director and the Company
- Creative assistance in licensing projects
- Uploading and organising music on DISCO
- Represent the sync department at shows and events to network and attend with music supervisors and clients
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience in a similar position in the music industry
- Passionate about a wide-range of music and technology/digital trends
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a good telephone manner
- Excellent general computer skills; specific proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and knowledge of PowerPoint
- Comfortable solving problems independently as well as part of a team, prioritizing heavy workloads, working under pressure and multitasking
- Ability to prioritise to tight deadlines with a strong sense of initiative and a careful attention to detail
- A professional, pleasant and friendly demeanor
- Good judgment, particularly with respect to confidential matters
- Basic asset creation a plus (Photoshop)
We actively encourage applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience. Full and ongoing training will be an integral part of the role.
Tell us in your own words: What can you bring to Concord’s Sync Team? What challenges are you looking for in a position? Please submit your CV and answers to these questions in your covering letter stating why you believe you will be suitable for this position, by 22 October 2021.
London, WC2A 2HN
22 October 2021
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical (health insurance) and wellness benefits, generous time off (28 days Holiday per annum), charity match, paid time off for volunteering,competitive pension scheme and other fun company perks. We have central London offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.