Concord is looking to employ a full time Sync Licensing Manager for its publishing and recorded music divisions in our London office.
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin and Miami.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
Concord Recorded Music is comprised of five active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP. The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord’s master recording portfolio contains more than 12,000 active albums and includes no less than 273 GRAMMY® winners (representing approximately 6.3% of all the GRAMMYs® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles
The UK Licensing team is a vital part of Concord, working alongside the publishing and recorded music sync teams and our global network of sub-publishers to ensure we grasp all synchronization opportunities for writers, artists and various catalogues.
This position is based in London and will report to the SVP, Copyright & Licensing Operations. The ‘Sync Licensing Manager’ interfaces with our creative Sync teams (publishing and recorded music), Accounts Receivable, Business Affairs and Copyright.
The Sync Licnsing Manager will be a member of Concord’s UK Licensing team, responsible for negotiating and issuing lower-value to mid-value synch licenses for Concord’s catalog in the UK and Europe, including securing necessary approvals, negotiating fees, issuing paperwork and invoices. A critical element of this role is to manage administrative functions for the team including running regular reports, data quality control and integrity and ensuring our internal systems are updated appropriately. This is a mid-level role requiring 4+ years of licensing experience at a publisher, record label, production company, film studio, etc.
The core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work within Concord’s UK Licensing team to ensure all synch licensing requests are addressed from clearance through licensing to invoicing, including drafting and redlining license agreements. This role will predominately handle low to mid-level requests.
- Coordinate closely with Concord’s International Sync team, assisting with rights inquiries, reporting requests, etc.
- Working closely with Concord’s US team to ensure processes and objectives are aligned and coordinated.
- Creating, maintaining, and producing monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports of licensing activity from Concord’s licensing systems and trackers for external partners/writers and for internal business purposes.
- In conjunction with US senior leadership, implement effective department strategies and processes, particularly with respect to workflow, interdepartmental relations and the global licensing team.
- Perform any other duties and tasks related to the department’s role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the team’s management from time to time
- Minimum of 4+ years of synchronization licensing experience, preferably at a music publisher or record label.
- Experienced knowledge of music clearance & licensing concepts. Understand copyright concepts as they relate to musical recordings, compositions, artwork, etc.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service, including ability to handle high-volume correspondence and projects
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about Concord’s global licensing business while recommending and suggestion improvements
- Excellent analytical, data-focused and organizational background. Experience with, comfort with and willingness to work in Excel a must.
- Able to work well under pressure, autonomously, and manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately while adhering to short deadlines and maintaining accountability
- Establish and maintain important external alliances with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong data-entry skills,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership for tasks
- Must be highly proficient in various computer programs including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), Salesforce
- Handles and safeguards highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information.
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Competitive pension scheme
- Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
- Hybrid working
Applicants must reside and be able to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] quoting ‘Sync Licensing Manager’ in the subject line.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.