Sync Licensing Associate
Concord is looking to employ a full time Sync Licensing Associate for its publishing and recorded music divisions in our London office.
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin and Miami.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
Concord Recorded Music is comprised of five active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP. The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord’s master recording portfolio contains more than 12,000 active albums and includes no less than 273 GRAMMY® winners (representing approximately 6.3% of all the GRAMMYs® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles
The UK Licensing team is a vital part of Concord, working alongside the publishing and recorded music sync teams and our global network of sub-publishers to ensure we grasp all synchronization opportunities for writers, artists and various catalogues.
Reporting to ‘Director, Licensing Operations’ the ‘Sync Licensing Associate’ interfaces with our Creative Sync teams (publishing and recorded music), A&R, Finance and Copyright.
Position Purpose: Primarily handling licensing requests for TV, film and online uses from both domestic clients and our affiliates/sub-publishers, ensuring all requests are dealt with in a efficient yet thorough manner.
- Dealing with licence requests from clients – quoting on and negotiating fees and terms for projects across all media, and seeking approvals from song-writers/managers
- Managing relationships with key clients – music supervisors, production companies, broadcasters, clearance companies
- Responding to copyright queries from clients
- Producing paperwork for licences
- Monitoring return of signed licences and filing as necessary
- Monitoring payment of invoices and chasing as necessary
- Logging, tracking and reporting of licensing activity
- Assisting and supporting the International Licensing Manager and Director of Licensing Operations.
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Receiving licence requests from our network of sub-publishers and affiliate offices, ensuring we have the requisite level of detail in order to be sent to the song-writer/their management for approval.
- Logging all licence activity on our online tracking system, and ensuring all details are kept up to date.
- Assisting clients on all types of domestic requests providing ballpark quotes and guiding clients through the entire licensing process.
- Taking the lead on streaming requests, and assisting the International Licensing Manager in all Film and TV licensing.
- Drafting licences and invoices for confirmed deals, and assessing any changes proposed by clients to our licence templates.
- Following up with clients for outstanding payments and signed licences and filing all fully executed paperwork in both the shared folders and on our online licence tracking program.
- Assisting song-writers / managers with licensing queries in a timely fashion.
- Assist with training junior members of staff.
- Keeping all training resources/reference documents updated.
- Compiling reports on domestic, international, and writer/artist-specific licensing activity as and when required.
- 2+ years in music industry
- Excellent communicator, good organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to be personable, tactful and sensitive to requirements of confidentiality when dealing with customers and clients on the telephone and in written correspondence (letters, emails etc).
- Self-directed, pro-active and a flexible, willing team member, performing all duties to a high standard
- Knowledge of Vistex Music Maestro or i-Maestro systems would be preferable
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficiency and ability to work at speed, while also being thorough and methodical
- Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to think laterally and anticipate problems before they arise
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Competitive pension scheme
- Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
- Hybrid working
Applicants must reside and be able to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to CareersUK@Concord.com quoting ‘Sync Licensing Associate’ in the subject line.
Closing date 8 July 2022
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.