CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord’s Corporate Finance Department, based in Nashville TN, is responsible for the top-level consolidation, reporting, and review of the Company’s global activities. This Department spearheads the annual audit, tax compliance, oversees the Company’s Credit Facility, manages various banking and treasury relations and activities, while managing best practices, policies and procedures, for the Company as a whole.
As the Sr. Tax Accountant, you will assist with day-to-day tax related responsibilities for the entire organization. In this role, you will be responsible for various assignments associated with direct and indirect taxes; work with external tax partners on tax provision, compliance, and other special projects; assist and support internal teams on tax related issues, including US and International.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare indirect tax returns, including sales and use, VAT, GST/HST property, withholding and informational tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of income tax provision under ASC 740, including gathering information, analyze and reconcile tax accounts, prepare journal entries.
- Coordinate with external tax advisors, gather information and prepare supporting schedules for the preparation of Federal and state income tax return.
- Calculate quarterly estimated taxes and make timely payments to various tax authorities.
- Respond to tax notices and assist with tax audits.
- Assist with tracking and documentation of the transfer pricing agreements among the consolidated group.
- Assist with tax research for special projects and monitor developments in tax laws both at the federal and state and local level.
- Assist with tax planning and analysis.
- Assist with improving internal processes and procedures
What you need:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in corporate tax or public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Solid knowledge of partnership and corporate taxation.
- Experience in ASC 740 is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel and tax software.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good judgement, particularly with respect to confidential matters.
- General agreement and acceptance of the Company’s core values.
*Job is hybrid, requiring 3 days a week minimum on site
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.