CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history
Senior Financial Analyst, Recorded Music reporting to the VP of Financial Reporting and Internal Control, will support the development and the distribution of various financial and ad hoc reports. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst is required to work closely with Accounting, FP&A and Information Systems to produce accurate financial reports, research variances versus budget and prior year, identify and implement improvements within the financial reporting department.
What you’ll do:
- Support the preparation of the monthly GAAP financial statements and the financial reports including
- Prepare Label Financial Statements, Domestic/International Income and Sales Reports
- Prepare Operating and Personnel Expenses Reports
- Prepare Sync and Licensing Income Revenue Reports
- Prepare Cash Receipts Report
- Prepare marketing and recording spend reporting
- Support in building and transitioning financial reports to Cognos Analytics
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process
- Prepare internal financial and business reporting to provide management with timely and useful information
- Support in preparing quarterly board packet
- Build relationships and partnerships across departments to thoroughly understand how all the pieces fit together, how information is used and can be used by various functions within the business
- Develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting processes
- Other General Finance Tasks as assigned
- Ensure that reports, filings and documentation complies with company’s regulations, professional standards, and SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines
- Provide support and financial reports to the FP&A team
- Run artist P&Ls to support weekly artist deal discussions/budget
- Work with FP&A to update the forecast model with monthly actuals
Provide reports/data to FP&A to support ad hoc projects as requested
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Advance Microsoft office excel skills
- Experience working with NetSuite and ability to create/design reports in Cognos Analytics highly preferred
- CPA (a plus but not required) with at least 4 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting and issue recognition experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- *This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.